1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Small Track in Coos Bay

Discussion in 'Off Road' started by Dr.W, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Dr.W

Dr.W Registered

hi yall, just wanted to put up a pic, for those in coos bay/north bend area. i have a fenced dirt/sand lot next to my apartment that i have permission play on all i want. Its kinda small for the large scale, but good test track for smaller-scale stuff. i play with my 5T on it for test running before i go out to the dunes, although it could be a lot better, we need jumps! In North Bend by Virginia ave. and Broadway. bring shovels, RC's, and beer!
    [​IMG]
  2. GPS

GPS Registered

Looks like that place has some potential. Did you find any other Coos Bay folks here?
  3. Dr.W

Dr.W Registered

not on this forum yet, but theres a few local guys around here that baja. the VW dunebuggy shop down the street has some rc stuff, mostly traxxas, and a few parts and random pieces. and ive met a couple guys with HPI's or Rovans.

I also play around at a abandoned school, they have a big baseball field, and a short pavement sprint track that are fun. i have permission to play there all i want as well.

GPS likes this.
  4. GPS

GPS Registered

Maybe you'll help us find more members in your area.

At first when I watched your video I thought the cops were after you. LOL
    I think that was the first time I saw a truck that big do a wheelie.
  5. Dr.W

Dr.W Registered

yeah, lots of sirens around this area of town, they only after me when im on my GoPed! LOL
    its a little different with all the power going to two wheels instead of divided by four ;)
  6. GPS

GPS Registered

I just watched your video of your Baja on the beach. Looks like your dog gets a good workout chasing it.
  7. Dr.W

Dr.W Registered

lol, yeah, he's jumped in front of it and taken a ride on the hood of it a couple times too, hahaha. he never gets hurt, but he gives it a respectable distance now.

that vid is the 27.2cc with the 6k clutch and high-end pipe. an 8k clutch would have done better at roostertails as it was engaging very low in the pipe's range. you can hear it kick in after it gets going when i throttle it. the 27.2's are wicked.
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  8. GPS

GPS Registered

That's a lot different than getting hit by a 1/10 scale...not that anyone would like that either.

Is a 8k clutch a whole different clutch or is it done by changing springs?
  9. Dr.W

Dr.W Registered

just a spring change really. i keep a set of shoes with each range of spring , usually, all assembled as its a pain to get them together sometimes. and its nice to have several sets of shoes in case a pair gets worn.
  10. JROCK

JROCK Registered

Hey Dr.W if you have fb look up I-5 rc coosbay. I know a large group of guys up there who bash daily.one fella by the name Matt Faber has a crawler course as well as a 1/ 8th scale track on his property.