1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Sandwich

Discussion in 'Helicopters' started by Pelagic Pilot, May 6, 2012.

1. Pelagic Pilot

Pelagic Pilot Registered

Looks like all I need is a new ESC, found one at HobbyPartz for $13.00

http://www.hobbypartz.com/proton30aair.html

So next week I will eat a sandwich for lunch instead of Mexican Resturant and I will meet my repair budget! Also for some reason the last flight did not record? The screen said FUL when it came down. But still room on the card, will look that up. The airframe will be glued for now since I think that will work for now.
  2. GPS

GPS Registered

For some reason my camera cut off again today in-flight and both videos were only about one minute or less.
  3. Pelagic Pilot

Pelagic Pilot Registered

The GoPro forums say that you can get a fake FUL message when you use a computer to manage the files on the SD card. You delete them in Windows but the camera can still see them somehow so you need to use the format feature in the camera to empty the card. I actually lost two of the last flights.

?
  4. GPS

GPS Registered

I think what is happening in their case is they are not deleting the files but instead putting them in the "trash".  The trash would be a hidden folder.  A trash folder will be created automatically on each storage device.

If you hold the shift key when deleting a file from a SD, or hard drive for that matter, the file is not put into the trash but deleted permanently.  You will see the message pop up that you are permanently deleting the file when using this procedure.

Try it yourself on a test file.
  5. Tiger

Tiger Registered

GPS - That's a cool "delete" tip I've never heard of!

PP - Does this mean you lost the shots you took of my quad flying yesterday?  :-(

...Tiger
  6. Pelagic Pilot

Pelagic Pilot Registered

I took two of your quad, and the good one was lost. The one I have only has a little bit of you close enough to really see the thing. I will be better prepared next time. And I have a real camera that can zoom and stuff so I will bring it next time.
  7. Tiger

Tiger Registered

Oh... Too bad!  I had really hoped to have something to show my brother up north.  Guess it's next time. :)  Sure was a nice day Sunday.  I finally got to see your heli!  I had heard so much about it from that one demo you did.  Everyone was really impressed.  Pretty neat having a panic switch.  I just crash!  :)

The offer is still open if you want to use my ESCs, motors, and KK board so you can work on your tricopter before your stuff arrives.

...Tiger
  8. Pelagic Pilot

Pelagic Pilot Registered

Thanks Tiger, I will see how far I get tomorrow and how much stuff comes in the mail. Still have a fair amount to do on the airframe and the stuff might beat me here yet.