1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

RVF Monthly Meeting

Discussion in 'Events' started by Golden Child, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Golden Child

Golden Child Moderator Staff Member

What: RVF Meeting
    Where: Spring Meadow Retirement Community
    1357 Redwood Circle
    Grants Pass
    When: Nov 2, 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
  2. Tiger

Tiger Registered

So where exactly at Spring Meadows does the club meet?  That place is HUGE!  Also, I'm not familiar with RVF and am wondering where they fly.  Is this group gas, electric, or both?  I fly at Redwood normally.
  3. Golden Child

Hi Tiger, I fly at Redwood also. I have the Oregon Ducks F-18, Super Cub, and Pitts bipe. The RVF meets in the Creation Room. It is on the third floor and can be accessed most easily from the very back entrance and up the elevator. There is also an information clerk at that entrance if you need directions (I did the first time!). We have a Sky Park in Kerby, you can find more details in this thread http://southernoregonrc.com/index.php?topic=84.0
    and we fly both electrics and gas/nitro. We always like to welcome new guests, and of course new members ;) You can check out the RVF website at http://roguevalleyflyers.com/Home.html. And of course feel free to PM me with your name/number if you'd like to talk about any of our upcoming events (Float-Fly this Saturday at Lake Selmac!!!). Check the events calendar for details - Mike :D
  4. Tiger

Tiger Registered

Thanks Mike.  I know who you are from the plane.  I looked at the website.  Nice landing strip.  No fences, basket ball hoops, and block walls.  That might be nice! :)  I'll make it to one of the meetings and meet some of the guys.  Thanks for filling me in.

See ya at Redwood this weekend!

...John  (Tiger)
  5. Golden Child

Hi John, That would be great if you could make it to one of the meetings. They're a little formal, but always informative and really helps the club to focus on areas that members are interested in pursuing - more events, raffles, fund raisers, etc.

This weekend I'll be at Lake Selmac for the Float-Fly. I reserved the campsite for the whole weekend so I won't be at Redwood on Sunday :-\ If you're free Saturday morning though, come on out and enjoy the fun for a while. We ususally shut down the flying by early afternoon because the wind picks up, plus it's just too hot! But the morning is going to be full of planes in the air (hopefully not too many in the lake!). A few of the other guys from Redwood are gong to be coming out as well so there'll be some familiar faces in the crowd. Hope to see you there! Mike.