1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

REDRC: KO Propo EX-1 K.I.Y. Transmitter

Discussion in 'News' started by GPS, Jan 17, 2012.

1. GPS

GPS Registered

In a press conference in Japan today, KO Propo introduced its new Kustomize It Yourself (K.I.Y.) interchangeable transmitter. The concept of the new K.I.Y. brings simplicity to customizing and upgrading within a modular system. The new transmitter is composed of 3 modular units, Steering, Throttle and Master units. The three separate modular units can be easily put together, no screws required. Just push the safety lock of the joint, pull the lever and pull or push to insert or remove the modular unit.

Read more and see additional photos of this new transmitter via the source link.

Source:
    http://www.redrc.net/2012/01/ko-propo-ex-1-k-i-y-transmitter

Attached Files:

2. highlandcrawler

highlandcrawler Registered

This looks very interesting. Wondering if others will follow up with a modular design also. I'm in the market for a new radio and have been looking into the Radiopost ones. Any word on how many ch this one is?
  3. GPS

GPS Registered

I have been following the Radiopost surface transmitter since it came out in 2009 and even considered buying it.  One of the coolest demos had to be it's use to drive out the Scion FRS Concept Car.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yop3Kq44raY[/youtube]

Have you noticed that the grip and base are identical to the Futaba 4PK.  It almost looks like it came from the same mold.  The grip buttons are also in identical positions.

In it's stock form it is not compatible with Futaba nor Spektrum receivers, but it can be made so with the addition of extra transmitter modules which cost $140 each.  So if I wanted to use their transmitter ($399) and Futaba module ($140) so I could use my investment of existing Futaba receivers I come to $539.  That's almost a really nice brand new model.

What I like about this radio is that it has a nice big color display and no antenna sticking out to break off.  I think we'll see more designs like this soon.
  4. highlandcrawler

It uses basically the same software and menu setup as the futaba also. A lot of guys are bashing on it because of the similarity between it and futaba. I could care less really I just need a good reliable radio that does all the things I want. So far the 4pl, 4pk and more recently the GT3B have all let me down and wont do what I want :mad:. I have been in contact with these guys about their radio and their awesome HT servo. I might be taking the plunge.
  5. GPS

GPS Registered

I'm not bashing on it at all, I like it, I was pointing out that there are a lot of similarities to my Futaba 4PK.  There are enough similarities in my mind to make me wonder what Radiopost's relationship to Futaba is because anybody else coming to market with a similar radio would probably be sued.  Maybe Futaba manufactures it for them, or maybe they licensed some of their IP.  I don't know, just wondering.

What can this radio do that you were unable to do with a 4PK?  I also had the impression that you were using a modified Flysky radio with more channels than the Radiopost.
  6. highlandcrawler

I was talking more of the Futaba team drivers bashing on it. I wonder the same also. Maybe the software is for sale in Taiwan where they come from? What I want from them is the ability to adjust the bias on both front and rear motors in both directions. The GT3B will do it but is just not reliable. I keep having all sorts of problems with them doing very odd things at the worst times. Mine works good all week then on comp day makes my truck go crazy. It has happened to me the last 2 comps and cost me a lot of points. The 4pl isn't an option either as it cant be set to have momentary switches or do the biasing I want.
  7. Golden Child

Golden Child Moderator Staff Member

Hey Erin, what issue(s) have you been having with your GT3B? I was just about to order one this weekend...
  8. highlandcrawler

I cant say really what the problem is. It acts like it is getting the channels mixed up or reversed randomly. I will click the button for say front dig and the rear wheels will go in the opposite direction. I can click the button for rear burn and the front will spin in reverse rotation. So instead of just letting me power the front or the rear with the other end locked it will roll the motor on the other end in the opposite direction. It basically leaves me with my wheels spinning opposite of each other and being useless. It also has a creep problem like the th trim is turned up a few click but it isn't. Now all this and other little demons come and go as they please at the worst times. It works great most of the time but it keeps screwing me on comp day. I also recently set one up for another buddy and his did the same thing also. Mine took about 6 months to act up his was almost new. I'm starting to look like a fool showing up on comp day and I cant even get my rig to behave. When you get in the mindset your gear is against you it takes you off your game. Radios piss me off more than anything because we are stuck with limited options and the price is asinine for them. But it goes with wanting to play with the big boys I guess 8)
  9. GPS

GPS Registered

If the software in the Radiopost is like the Futaba why would you get one if you already have a Futaba?
  10. highlandcrawler

Had
  11. w00d

w00d Registered

New Toronto, Ontario, Great White North, Ay
    Certainly is a sexy radio, I like the Screen is movable ...

+1 Seems to me allot of "those" types that crap on a product before said product has had a chance to prove itself in the market place are really only interested in seeing their Names in the limelight for lack of a better way to say it ... Bah, I CALL it "Social" Graffiti ...