1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

RC Racing in Klamath Falls

Discussion in 'Events' started by rcbcm, Aug 18, 2011.

1. rcbcm

rcbcm Registered

Racing this Sunday in Klamath Falls.  Go to Worden Truck Stop on Hwy 97.  Turn onto Keno Worden Road and just around the corner on the right. 
  2. GPS

GPS Registered

3. Bret

Bret Registered

GPS that is it. I am going to try to make the trip over this sunday to try out my new sc10rs.

It would be nice to get the rogue valley racing going again. I don't want to have to buy a plane :p
  4. GPS

GPS Registered

I would like to go and see the track(s) over there but I don't think I can make it this Sunday.  Is that track a business?  Is there admission?  Do they have a website with more information?
  5. Bret

Bret Registered

this will be my first time. I saw on the other southern oregon rc forums that they charge $7 to race.

*** link removed by moderator ***

That is about all I know. I assume it is private and I doubt it is a business at $7 a person. They have some pics up on soregonrc as well in the race pic section. The track looks decent.
  6. GPS

GPS Registered

Hmmm.  I couldn't see the pictures.  I guess you have to sign up to see them and I don't know who those guys are so I'm not going to sign up over there.  How strange that they want you to sign up to see their pictures anyway.
  7. GPS

GPS Registered

You should add this event to the calendar.
  8. rcbcm

rcbcm Registered

That is the correct site.  Club races.  No business.  We concentrate on fun, not rules.
  9. GPS

GPS Registered

Is it at somebody's home, a vacant lot?  If there is a carpet track I figured it was a business because of the cost involved.
  10. Bret

Bret Registered

Dear Mr Moderator

Moderating my link to the other southern oregon RC forum isn't going to make me want to use this site over that one.

I have a feeling this sort of drama is the reason that the RC racing in the valley is non existent.

I found that site before I found this one. Both popped up at the same time it seemed. That one has a lot more activity as far as RC dirt racing. This one seems to be mainly Flyers and boats. I suggest maybe becoming more active in the dirt and pavement racing in the valley and making more posts on the events yourself before going nazi on one of your few members posts.
  11. GPS

GPS Registered

Is the season still going on in Klamath Falls?  If so, how much longer?  I heard that the White City track is having issues again.
  12. Bret

Bret Registered

I believe there is a race this sunday. I went to the last couple races and had a great time. 
  13. GPS

GPS Registered

I wish there was a track that wasn't over 100 miles away.
  14. Bret

Bret Registered

Looks to be a good turn out for tomorrow! I did a bunch of testing and tuning over the week. Also I rebuilt all the shocks, ready for racing!

There are several people meeting at the dollar tree in white city at 7:30 and heading over.

The quickest way from medford is up 140, left at dead indian, then a right on clover creek. Clover creek will take you right into keno. Take a right when you get there and in the middle of keno take a left on the keno access road. The track is near the end of that road on the left. Can't miss it.