1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

POLL: Interest In 1/10 Scale On-Road Class

Discussion in 'On Road' started by GPS, Dec 4, 2011.

?

Would you participate in a 1/10 scale on-road class in Grants Pass?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    91.7%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. GPS

GPS Registered

When we were racing our 1/8 and 1/10 scale on-road cars this weekend one of our group suggested starting a 1/10 scale group for regular racing, perhaps at the Harbeck school.

I am creating this poll to check for interest and commitments from others who would be interested and partake in racing regularly.

I believe we are talking about setting a brushless motor type and battery voltage being the restrictions, unless someone has a other suggestions.

Please chime in with your thoughts.
  2. pile of toys

pile of toys Registered

Go to EBAY and ck out all the 190mm & 200mm width bodys ( for 4 tech's Tc3 & 4's ect.)...I will be looking into some tire foams (along w/ ofna parts LOL)....IF A PERSON IS CAREFUL,THEY CAN GET INTO A 1/10 scale FOR AROUND $150 (nitro being the cheapest)....I also wouldn't mind running 1/16 &/or 1/18 , (?)
  3. Golden Child

Golden Child Moderator Staff Member

I voted yes. But honestly, I'm running out of free time with planes (I'm now on the board for RVF), Saturdays at Harbeck and Sundays at Redwood, and trying to put the track together at the fairgrounds. My wife was disappointed I didn't spend more time with her over the weekend :( Not sure I can find the time, but I would like to try :)
  4. smitty

smitty Registered

I voted YES, because that's my inventory and where my interest is.
    I may not be able to get to GP on any regular basis.
  5. GPS

GPS Registered

I agree.  I just saw some very nice deals for cars that look to be in great shape.

[quote author=Golden Child link=topic=551.msg3546#msg3546 date=1323090158]
    I voted yes. But honestly, I'm running out of free time with planes (I'm now on the board for RVF), Saturdays at Harbeck and Sundays at Redwood, and trying to put the track together at the fairgrounds. My wife was disappointed I didn't spend more time with her over the weekend :( Not sure I can find the time, but I would like to try :)
    [/quote]

If your wife hasn't taken to airplanes maybe she would enjoy driving a car?  It's a lot easier to drive and a lot of fun.  The on-road 1/10 scale cars are really nice to drive and don't roll over as easily as short course trucks so there is a lot of satisfaction.  Bring her to the indoor fly-and-drive this week and you and her can try our cars.
  6. pile of toys

pile of toys Registered

I think I need a fail saif for my gassers :-X...Golden Child -I feel your pain buddy (hard to replace a good wife ;D). I am buying a pizza and hang'n around for a couple of days,I might even do the dishes  ??? (might). Between dirtbikes ,shooting/ reloading sports,putting Christmas stuff together(lights ect.) and work =crud...Rodney Dangerfield said (in caddy shack I think) "it's tough being me" ;D,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,LIFE IS GOOD!
  7. Golden Child

>>GPS
    If your wife hasn't taken to airplanes maybe she would enjoy driving a car?  It's a lot easier to drive and a lot of fun.  The on-road 1/10 scale cars are really nice to drive and don't roll over as easily as short course trucks so there is a lot of satisfaction.  Bring her to the indoor fly-and-drive this week and you and her can try our cars.<<

Now wait just a minute - my time is MY time! Absence makes the heart grow fonder! Oh who am I kidding (again), she really just isn't into it at all. Besides, first Wednesdays are taken up by RVF monthly meeting so can't make those :(
  8. GPS

GPS Registered

The indoor fly-and-drives are first AND third Wednesdays.... ;)
  9. Golden Child

Yeah, I know. But I've been working 12-16 hour days and litterally fall into bed at the end of the night.
  10. means2k

means2k Registered

I would be interested in on-road racing.  I don't drive my on-roads much because areas are limited so it would be cool to be able to run. 
  11. GPS

GPS Registered

We should bounce around some ideas for a class.  I know a few of you have Traxxas 4-Tec's and some have Associates cars.  I like the VTA idea since it levels the playing field as far as motor and ESC and makes it more about driving and not who can throw the most money at it.
  12. GPS

GPS Registered

Very cool.  Your car is running really well.
  13. pile of toys

pile of toys Registered

thanks-I have a few more tweaks to do still, and could use some foam tires.I realized that it needs the carb. "restrictor plate", to hook up.=better fuel economy too ;)...There was alot of debris (sticks,ect.), but I raised the ride height, and didn't suffer too much loss in handling.I burned around 5 or 6 tanks..."have'n a good day" 8)
  14. GPS

GPS Registered

It turns out Harbeck school had something going on today so we would not have been able to run there.  We are going tomorrow around 1 PM.
  15. pile of toys

pile of toys Registered

there will be plenty of Saturdays,especially once Summer break is here-thanks though  :)
  16. GPS

GPS Registered

I am very much looking forward to some warm sunny days with dry asphalt!