1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Photos from the PBR Opener

Discussion in 'Racing and Bashing' started by Nexus, May 6, 2013.

1. Nexus

Nexus Registered

I took a few photos from this weekend's practice and race. I didn't take as many as I normally would. I haven't found a neckstrap for my new camera that I really like so I felt like my gear was a little vulnerable and that didn't really make me feel comfortable carrying my gear around the track. But, I got a few nice photos nonetheless. It was a bit difficult shooting indoors since I'm really used to full sun to light my action shots. I think I did alright, though. Tell me what you think!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. sinistercad

sinistercad Registered

The photo of the blue sc coming over the step up is sick. Do you mind if I steal any of these for the site?
  3. Nexus

Nexus Registered

Go ahead. I was sure to stick my website name on them so if anybody else wanted to use them I would still be credited.
  4. sinistercad

sinistercad Registered

Go ahead. I was sure to stick my website name on them so if anybody else wanted to use them I would still be credited.
    [/quote]

Still polite to ask though.
  5. Nexus

Nexus Registered

Not everyone respects photographs that way. So, thanks for asking. :)
  6. codyjo541

codyjo541 Registered

Awesome shot of my truck on the step up, can't wait for some more!
  7. jt409

jt409 Registered

That realy is a sweet pick of the blue sc over the step up.
  8. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

Before I scrolled down and saw the comments.  I thought the step up phot was awesome too. Id Iike to try and get one of those of my truck for a new banner.
  9. Nexus

Nexus Registered

Come and talk to me about it when you see me at the track. I'd be happy to do it.
  10. sinistercad

sinistercad Registered

If I were you Chris I would charge for your time.  I would pay for a killer shot of my rigs.
  11. Nexus

Nexus Registered

I intend to. :) And that's exactly what I wanted to hear. I'm really trying to get off the ground with photography so a paying customer would boost my self-confidence drastically.
  12. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

Oh yeah of course $$. Well get some killer ones and maybe send a few to rcaddiction mag.. ;D
  13. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

I intend to. :) And that's exactly what I wanted to hear. I'm really trying to get off the ground with photography so a paying customer would boost my self-confidence drastically.
    [/quote]
    Whens the next time you'll be down there? Im painting new body tommarow,  and will be busy sunday (mothers day)
  14. Nexus

Nexus Registered

I probably won't be there next weekend, either. I'll probably end up doing an every-other-weekend thing so that I can spend some time at home. When every weekend is spent racing I think it can start to feel like a scheduled chore and less like fun. So, I'll probably be there the weekend following next (the 19th).

I haven't come up with any for-sure pricing yet, but I'm thinking that about $50 to "hire" me for the day is pretty decent. I'll be on the track for any races you're in and do the best I can to get shots that you want or request. If I don't get a picture you like you don't have to pay me. If I get something you really like the price includes a nice 8x10 or 11x14 print of your ride. Does that sound reasonable? Be honest, I'm open to suggestion.
  15. sinistercad

sinistercad Registered

I probably won't be there next weekend, either. I'll probably end up doing an every-other-weekend thing so that I can spend some time at home. When every weekend is spent racing I think it can start to feel like a scheduled chore and less like fun. So, I'll probably be there the weekend following next (the 19th).

I haven't come up with any for-sure pricing yet, but I'm thinking that about $50 to "hire" me for the day is pretty decent. I'll be on the track for any races you're in and do the best I can to get shots that you want or request. If I don't get a picture you like you don't have to pay me. If I get something you really like the price includes a nice 8x10 or 11x14 print of your ride. Does that sound reasonable? Be honest, I'm open to suggestion.
    [/quote]

FYI guys we will be closed the 17th-19th for the OSS @ crown raceway.  Look at the events section.
  16. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

[/quote]
    Im sure youll capture plenty of nice shots. And 50 is reasonable.  Doesn't have to be on a race day. I live so close to there. It takes me no time. And would prob hire u to go over there on a practice session day. That way we can setup for better launches . Im really feeling a shot on the double. But im not sure how it will look after they add the middle landing to the double. Which by the way I think it should be left alone. If u can't clear it thats fine. But theres alot of indoor tracks I've seen that dont have landings just little ramps. Having that space makes it more of an accomplishment when u line up just right with your speed controlled,  and land perfectly smooth.  If I'm not finding my line I roll it and try again in the next lap. I love it........  ;D.
  17. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

Also I think im gonna bring my sc18 to see how well it can handle the track those little things fly. I know alot of us have them. Wouldn't be cool to see how many we can get racing at once 40? 50?  8)
  18. Nexus

Nexus Registered

Right on. Looks like the 19th is out since the track will be closed. I'd be down for a practice session with  you but it would have to be on a Saturday. I work until 6:00 on weeknights and the last thing I want to do is drive to Grants Pass after work. (I live in Shady Cove, so it's about an hour away in both directions.) We'll work something out and I'm glad to see some interest in the photography! Thanks for the feedback.
  19. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

Right on. Looks like the 19th is out since the track will be closed. I'd be down for a practice session with  you but it would have to be on a Saturday. I work until 6:00 on weeknights and the last thing I want to do is drive to Grants Pass after work. (I live in Shady Cove, so it's about an hour away in both directions.) We'll work something out and I'm glad to see some interest in the photography! Thanks for the feedback.
    [/quote]
    Yeah man, just let me know when your coming over. I live literally 4 minutes away 2 if I take the back road. So I can mash down there anytime, if im not already there.. ill be there this Saturday. ( if I wake my ass up) but I dont usually work till 430/ 5 pm . So it sounds like the weekend will do best.