1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

PBR schedule ideas

Discussion in 'Events' started by sinistercad, May 6, 2013.

?

What day/days are good for you for weekly racing.

1. Sunday 10-racing ends

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Saturday 10-racing ends

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Wednesday 6-racing ends

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. Thursday 6-racing ends

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. sinistercad

sinistercad Registered

Well guys I'm now ready to start weekly races but am unsure which days work for everyone.  Please answer me here and on the poll at which day works best for you.  We will be holding weekly races, with a bi-monthly points statistic.  I have looked into working with other tracks for there schedule but it seems they are already set in there ways for this season.  The racing schedule is still up in the air, but the "plan" is to hold either a weekend race from 10-end (kind of like this weekend) or a weekday race from 6-end.  The racing during the week will be later in the night and much cooler temps.  We will not push guys through either, we will run the races like they should be without rushing anyone or booting people as soon as the final race is done.  We want to keep this facility open with a good atmosphere were you can kick back and enjoy toy cars  8)
  2. Nexus

Nexus Registered

I cast my vote, but I really think that 3 heats is excessive. I think 2 heats and one main is plenty sufficient. By the time my main was finished I was more than ready to get out of there. I didn't even stick around for the final results.

Rather than having a "until racing ends", maybe there should be a fairly loose goal of when to wrap things up by? Like, maybe 4:00 or something? That way people can at least feel like they know when things should wrap up. Of course it will by no means be definite (especially if more people show up), but if you know ahead of time that you want to be done by a certaintime you might be able to budget your time better.

Just my opinion. I had fun, I enjoyed my time there, but the last couple hours felt a bit too long.
  3. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

Got my vote in but doesn't matter. I'll change my work schedule for the track. Lol. Would love to have night races scince I usually dont go to bed till like 4 or 5 am. But who can pass out after work when u get off at 12 or 1 am.
  4. sinistercad

sinistercad Registered

Agreed.  I guess I should have amended that racing should end at 6pm but will run later if needed.  Were trying hard not to be like another somewhat local track that is having issues setting a VERY stringent race schedule and basically pushing people out when the last round is finished.

Keep the ideas coming guys, this track is for everyone and everyone's opinion counts!  This is not a democracy and we want to appeal to everyone as a whole.  While we may not be able to appease everyone we would like to at least accompany the masses.
  5. Bret

Bret Registered

I am down any weeknight for club racing from 5-6 on to 10-11. If I work late and miss a heat it won't kill me.

Weekend races I would like to start early and end early just to avoid the heat mainly. Like I stated in the other thread gates open at 8, sign ups at 9, racing at 10. That's my vote anyways.

I also agree with 2 heats and a main for the club races.
  6. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

So whats up with night races? Its getting damn hot. I started to pit inside the shop with adam during practice sessions.