1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

PBR opener!

Discussion in 'Events' started by sinistercad, Apr 29, 2013.

1. sinistercad

sinistercad Registered

Well guys just in case Bartl forgets to I'm posting it for him!  8)  PBR is now open for racing and open spec track time.  First opener race will be held this Saturday for practice and Racing Sunday.  Sign-ins at 9am racing starts at noon.  All classes will be open if there are 3 entries or more.  Racing will be $15 per class which gets you all day track time Saturday.  Hope to see you there!
  2. yreka rc

yreka rc Registered

Just incase ppl wanna see a pic of the sweet layout. :)

Attached Files:

3. Nexus

Nexus Registered

I... can't... believe it. It's for real. I'm super excited and now I know what I'm doing this weekend.

A big THANK YOU goes out to everyone that made this happen.
  4. sinistercad

sinistercad Registered

Your Welcome!  ;) Many MANY hundreds of hours went into this and hoping it will go somewhere which it should.
  5. yreka rc

yreka rc Registered

See ya Saturday morning!  ;-) what time can I come play?
  6. Nexus

Nexus Registered

I certainly hope so.

On a slightly unrelated note, though... $15 seems a little steep for admission. I realize that the business needs to turn a profit and has to make its investment back, but if my wife and I wanted to race each weekend we would spend $120/month. That seems a bit excessive. Is there any leeway here or is it "hard-and-fast" ?
  7. knightrider81

knightrider81 Registered

wow gus nice job the track looks soooo bad ass!!! does the 15 bucks cover the transponder??
  8. sinistercad

sinistercad Registered

I certainly hope so.

On a slightly unrelated note, though... $15 seems a little steep for admission. I realize that the business needs to turn a profit and has to make its investment back, but if my wife and I wanted to race each weekend we would spend $120/month. That seems a bit excessive. Is there any leeway here or is it "hard-and-fast" ?
    [/quote]

It may change. We based the prices on other raceways close to us. Example would be cottage grove who only recently changed there fees to $12 for your first class. There may be a "membership" for weekly racers to offset alot of the weekly costs.  It's still coming to fruition so to speak. The $15 this weekend covers Saturday and Sunday so two days of playing!  Also this will not cover transpo rentals. We only have a few rentals and they will be $10 per transpo.  To give you guys a small scope of the reason behind these costs is the lights alone cost roughly $3 per hour to keep on. Figure that towards a monthly cost and it becomes apparent of the overhead involved. We've kept costs as low as possible while still maintaining the largest indoor Rc track in Oregon Washington. And Northern California!  Lap times are in the mid 30 second category which is on par with many large outdoor tracks. Hope this helps and please keep the questions coming!
  9. sinistercad

sinistercad Registered

There will be a few of us there Friday night on. Saturday doors open at 9am
  10. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

Hell yes. It turned out so good. Im so excited.  I don't care how much it cost. I'll dump all my money there.. ;D
  11. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

Also will the shop be open through the week. Or are u guys just doing weekend racing for now. I work at 5pm on the weekends and wouldn't be able to make the races. But ill pay what ever just to practice.  Been getting anxious. 

P.s. does this mean your done with my pushbroom.. lol
  12. steve 40

steve 40 Registered

track looks great...  im assuming caliburs on sc are still the tire of choice?    Is there a price break for people that just show up sunday??,  I know you mentioned cottage grove, i was there a couple weeks back and it cost me 20 to race 3 classes,  now i realize it would cost me 25 for 3...    i know your a business and trying to recoop some of the money shelled out, but doesnt have to be in the opening weekend.  IMO the hobbyshop should fund the track and building while the racers fund the hobbyshop, but no racers means not selling parts...  just my opinion tho...  i know adam has worked extremely hard at this as with many others, i just feel that 15 per class.    i could see 15 for first class and 8 or 10 for second...    anyways group of us are heading to CG on sat, if the stuff stays together we try and bring a group over on sunday.

13. blt4speed

blt4speed Registered

Here we go guys !! this is the real deal.  Not just talk anymore.  Gonna be sick.  I wanna thank all who helped this facility come to be.    Now let's all support this facility and build rc racing in the area.  If you haven't raced before, then here is your chance.  Track should be sick for all level of racers. 

i'm gonna bring 2wd sc, 4wd sc, 1/10 2wd buggy, 1/8 ebuggy.  not sure i'll run em all though.  :eek: :eek:
  14. sinistercad

sinistercad Registered

You are completely correct Sir!  I haven't been to Cottage Grove in many months and they may have dropped there price a bit since they changed it last time, so I apologize if I'm wrong.  It will be $15 for first and $10 for the second and same for the third as most tracks do.  The more classes the less you pay.  So it will be very close for sure.  You have to think though this place and track is quite literally THREE times the size of cottage grove but not three times the price 8) . At the moment there will be no hobby shop since between electrical, building, dirt etc etc it was over $20k to get were it is so it will have to live without the hobby shop at the moment.  I've been trying to help it along as much as possible but you can only squeeze a turnip so much before it's done lol.  As for tires it's honestly up in the air.  I'm going to try calibers and I-beams and possibly holeshots?  We will have to see what works.
  15. yreka rc

yreka rc Registered

I'm gonna run cityblocks on my tekno sct and holeshots on the b4.1, and if you want, I can bring up my etruggy and see how it works on a more technical track....? Oh, and is the timing system up and running?
  16. sinistercad

sinistercad Registered

Bring the truggy we need a couple test bunnies to see if they will work or not.  They should but you never know till you do.
  17. Bret

Bret Registered

Guess I am going to have to get my cars ready!
  18. sinistercad

sinistercad Registered

You better!  I fully expect to see you there!
  19. yreka rc

yreka rc Registered

Hope some ppl show up Saturday morning, I don't wanna run all by myself..... :'-( haha
  20. Tiger

Tiger Registered

So... Where is this place anyway?

...Tiger