1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

New wraith build

Discussion in 'Crawlers' started by crawlerbubba, Feb 23, 2012.

1. crawlerbubba

crawlerbubba Registered

Started a new build this last week.on the way up to the swap meet in roseburg,i stopped in medford and picked up a wraith kit.i ordered up a set of aluminum rc4wd axles,and lower link mounts...then started thinking...i cant put plastic upper link mounts on.so I bit the bullet and ordered up a set of alum upper link mounts.then I just had to have the vanquish rockstar wheels.they are a work of art.gonna hate to scratch em up,but im gonna hafta do it.  :)then I thought ,i went this far,ima order the ARB diff covers.they to,are beauties!mounted up the white dot ripsaws and got some hubs,and a had some beautiful axle set up.for the tranny set up,i wanted to have a dig.i member crawlin the old wraith,and wished many times that I had a dig.i had a metal gear tranny with a vanquish dig on it...so I mounted it up.picked up a vanquish cms kit,and threw a jr 8711 servo up on it.now I noticed ima need a pan hard kit.so I ordered one of them up to,along with a hot raceing sway bar kit.sprayed the body with some burnt orange,and blacked out the cowel hood.mounted some mip's to turn the axles,and called it a day.hope u dig my new whip,any comments,or sugestions you have are welcomed.ill keep u posted of all up dates as they come along.

Attached Files:

2. highlandcrawler

highlandcrawler Registered

Looks good 8). Are the rc4wd housings f/r specific or are they unidirectional with the swap of the ends? Hope you can make it out next time I'm down your way so I can check it out. Now just to bust your balls a little..... those stock upper links gotta go :p. Looking at your awesome axles and wheels my eyes keep wandering off to the stock plastic links. The Vanquish ones are real nice btw. You might have motivated me to drag my Wraith project back out. What did you do for power? I see a Holmes sticker so maybe a crawlmaster and BRXL?
  3. crawlerbubba

crawlerbubba Registered

I know them links gotta go.prolly get some tomorow in redding.i started out with a holmes 35 turn brushed motor,and novak esc...will be swapping it out for a sv2,and a holmes revolver brushless outrunner.like it soooo much better.ive got same set up in a yota bucket,and a crawlmaster in another.all are outrunners.i love em!

Attached Files:

4. GPS

GPS Registered

Very nice build.  It was also good to see you again at the swap meet.
  5. crawlerbubba

crawlerbubba Registered

Thank you sir...and it was great seeing,and talking with you.yougota crawler up and going right now?
  6. GPS

GPS Registered

I've got a Losi Comp Crawler running.
  7. crawlerbubba

crawlerbubba Registered

Is there anywhere good to crawl up there??we should get together soon and crawl
  8. GPS

GPS Registered

I don't know any particular places, but I bet Highlandcrawler does.  Maybe he would like to meet up with us?
  9. crawlerbubba

crawlerbubba Registered

Hells ya,i need somewhere new to crawl.the more the better.
  10. GPS

GPS Registered

Has anyone ever crawled under the Taprock restaurant?  I wonder if they would allow it?
  11. highlandcrawler

highlandcrawler Registered

Lets just say it does not make them very happy lol. And that was just one guy and a micro. There are a few different close spots to town to do some good crawling though. Whiterock is always a fun spot to crawl and is pretty mellow terrain with easy access. It is right across the river from Schroeder park and accessed from lower river road. If you guys want to get together and do a little crawling let me know. I would be more than happy to get some others together and come out and play
  12. GPS

GPS Registered

What does not make them happy look like at Taprock?  Bad service?  Oh wait, that's par.
  13. crawlerbubba

crawlerbubba Registered

Sounds great.im just getting home now from redding.sso maybe next weekend.i'll see if cyrus,and yotapain wanna go.
  14. GPS

GPS Registered

There is a new member from Talent who might also be interested.  He seems to have some scale trucks and I know you do also.
  15. crawlerbubba

crawlerbubba Registered

Ya,i seen that.ive got a couple,some are down right now(compliments of my 4 year old!)but I got a few to bring,and my MRC.so lemme know,im in.
  16. GPS

GPS Registered

Are weekends or weekdays better for you to come up?
  17. crawlerbubba

crawlerbubba Registered

I'm off on weekends
  18. GPS

GPS Registered

Do you prefer to come up on a Saturday or Sunday?  Let's find a mutual date when Highlandcrawler and some others can also make it.
  19. crawlerbubba

crawlerbubba Registered

Well out on maiden voyage I smoked the dig servo,so gotta get a new one.picked up a pan hard kit at my favorite hobby store.got home and changed my pinyon from a 20t to a 14t.added a novak bec,and it crawls alot better.i cut the back of the cage off and added some aluminum links for the cage.lmk wut u think...

Attached Files:

20. GPS

GPS Registered

Your Wraith looks great.  Good idea with the links for the back of the cage.