1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

new to this forum

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by blt4speed, Jan 15, 2012.

1. blt4speed

blt4speed Registered

I'm new here, not to Rc.  I'm in to electric off-road, mainly short course 2wd.  Thought I'd share my latest Rc adventure.  Just made a trip to redding, last week.  The hobby (all aspects) is doing well from what I saw.  3 Busy hobby shops, 2 of which are full hobby (planes, helis, boats, trains models, Rc cars).  The other is a Rc internet warehouse, that has a store front.  All 3 advertised for rattlesnake raceway, which is racing off-road, then oval on alternate wkends (weather permitting).  Anyhow, I was impressed and am hoping to go race there on Feb 18.  I can't wait for for local race season in kfalls, and the gp track possibilty.  Glad this forum is so active.  Happy Sunday, go packers ! (don't hate)
  2. GP Racer

GP Racer Registered

Welcome blt4speed!

You may know me as eat me roost off the other site or just Jason from the last 2 or 3 kfalls races.

Glad to have ya on this site.

I'm also interested in hittin up rattlesnake sometime in the future.

Hope to see ya out at the gp Jones crk track spot for some layout input and good racin.
  3. GPS

GPS Registered

Welcome to our forums blt4speed!

Are you in Grants Pass?  Our members organize fun meetups and bashing sessions frequently and we also have members who compete and participate in racing events.  You should check the calendar for any events that might interest you.  They are a great way to get to meet other Southern Oregon RC members.

If you fly anything there is also a weekly fun-fly at the Redwood school.
  4. blt4speed

blt4speed Registered

Jason can't wait till I can find some time to come over, Sundays r pretty much my only sure day off I can schedule around, also a random weekday.  Unfortunately, I've been battling some health issues, but ill make it out in the next few weeks. 
    @ gps I'm in medford.  Seems there r more Rc-minded peeps in gp.  I went to the Rc drift thing Adam and sleads put on  , and look forward to coming over for more Rc events.  Thanks for the welcome my fellow rc-ers.
  5. GPS

GPS Registered

I always thought there were more RC'ers in Medford. 
  6. blt4speed

blt4speed Registered

Could be.  Maybe I'm out of loop.  Over in kfalls , there were consistently more gp racers than us meddy racers.
  7. GPS

GPS Registered

I am always surprised how many people are into RC models.  It's good to know there are more people getting into the hobby.