1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

New MSH Brain FBL

Discussion in 'Helicopters' started by Pelagic Pilot, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Pelagic Pilot

Pelagic Pilot Registered

The all new MSH Brain FBL controller is set to hit the streets this week, I am VERY excited about this product IF IT WORKS AS ADVERTISED, if the intital CONSUMER reviews are not as good as purported by the manufacturer................., well we will see.

But here is the reason for being optimistic, it is a three axis, dual type sensor core with fast CPU. Accel and gyros working with each other, plus it has self leveling rescue mode. This combination is rare to begin with, but does not exist at the price this product is planned to be $250-$275.

They say it will work on electric, gas, nitro, it has a head governor built in, etc.

The video is very good, and it is the first time I ever heard anyone calmly narrate a video while flying insane 3D at the same time! Jeeez that guy is good........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xXJpyzlOE4

Company website:
    http://www.msh-direct.com/msh-brain-flybarless-system
  2. GPS

GPS Registered

Bert Kammerer sure makes it look easy.  Very laid back and classy dude.  Thanks for sharing the video.
  3. Pelagic Pilot

Pelagic Pilot Registered

A photo of the "Brain" has surfaced.

[​IMG]
  4. Tiger

Tiger Registered

So if I buy one of these things, I'm going to be able to fly like in the video right?  :)

...Tiger
  5. Pelagic Pilot

Pelagic Pilot Registered

It's kind of like when you put on a NBA T-Shirt and drink Gatoraid you can play as good as the guys on TV.
  6. Pelagic Pilot

Pelagic Pilot Registered

The newest user video of the Brain.........  8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlrrdVT1q1s
  7. Tiger

Tiger Registered

Looks really good.  So have you heard anything about when you can actually buy one of these things?

...Tiger
  8. Pelagic Pilot

Pelagic Pilot Registered

Second production batch is out, orders are being shipped. It's kind of like the KK2, out of stock, but order it and it somehow shows up in your mail box. I read a long thread about it and it has 3 axis accels and 3 axis gyros on it. Also the attitude mode is the same as NAZA, when ON push the stick all the way, but aircraft will only tilt to your desired angle, default is 45 degrees out of the box  ;D

I just pulled a 35 hour straight shift the other day at work, that check is my budget for this  :), but not too soon, will still wait another 3 - 5 months, need to see lot's of PROOF from other people people I jump in.......

If it works I will stick it on the 450 for winter FPV flights in attitude mode........
  9. Pelagic Pilot

Pelagic Pilot Registered

The Brain is getting good praise in the forums, and lot's of positive stuff about the setup, and I see why, here is a PC software overview of the setup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycVMa2RIxWA