1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

New little camera from HobbyPartz!

Discussion in 'AP/FPV' started by Tiger, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Tiger

Tiger Registered

Saw this in a Cyber Monday email that came today.  This is bigger than the keychain cam, but it would appear to overcome all the shortcomings.  Says you can even turn off the stupid date and time.  Also has twice the resolution (720P).  Notice the massively better mounting options on this one.  Has the controls on the back so no matter how you mount it, you can get to the controls.  I'm about sick of mounting my keychain upside down so I can get to the controls and then having to edit the video to flip everything back over.  It has IR LEDs that are worthless to us, but I'm going to replace them with super bright red LEDs that will help me keep my orientation on these foggy days.  This little guy looks really good.  Hope I feel that way when I'm holding it in my hand. :)

http://www.hobbypartz.com/86p-988-dice-minicam.html

Note: HobbyPartz ships free with a $50 order so add a battery or something to get free shipping.  Lots of great sales going on right now.

...Tiger
  2. Golden Child

Golden Child Moderator Staff Member

Haha, I was looking at that one too! Its in my shopping basket, but my evil other half (wife) has all the money :mad: (lol) Gotta buy gifts for all the kids before I can spend more on toys for me ;)
  3. Pelagic Pilot

Pelagic Pilot Registered

Cool, I think I will get one, I like the mounting screw hole.
  4. Tiger

Tiger Registered

PP - Right!  I got excited when I saw that to.  It opens up all kinds of mounting possibilities.  I think this has real potential.  Can't wait to get my hands on it.  Hope there are no hidden surprises.

...Tiger
  5. Flightbox

Flightbox Registered

We expect a full review upon receiving this little gem. I was lifting a eyebrow over it too. Looks like it could be a fun little camera.
  6. GPS

GPS Registered

Hey Flightbox - How you been?  Are we going to see you again at a Sunday fun-fly in Grants Pass?
  7. Flightbox

Flightbox Registered

Probably not till Jan - Feb sometime, To much stuff going on this time of year for me.
  8. GPS

GPS Registered

It would be great to see you again.  It's getting too cold for my hands to fly, but those guys at the school are hard core and fly regardless of the weather seems like.