1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

need some info on a couple helis

Discussion in 'Helicopters' started by GP Racer, May 1, 2012.

1. GP Racer

GP Racer Registered

Align Trex 500 and a 250, both are electric Heli's RTF with a Spektrum DX-7 controller.

Was the offer I got for my baja 5t worth about 2,300,I need to know if its worth it?

Also if I did make the trade could I sell em both for even half what the baja is worth?

I can get pics if it would help.

Thanks for any help guys.
  2. w00d

w00d Registered

New Toronto, Ontario, Great White North, Ay
    GPBill flies a TRex 500 and from what I know of them they are popular and well respected in the community. However Bill will be able to tell you more, maybe he can give you a better take on the price. I own a TRex 450 the next down from the 500 and the only 500 I own is my PROTOS but I will tell you most people tend to get away from ALIGN's electronics and servo's for something much better. The DX7 is also a great radio so no problems to speak about there. Generally speaking the larger the helicopter the easier it is to fly so the learning will also be easier but the crashes are more expensive the larger we go in size. Personally and depending on the condition on the equipment I believe you are getting a pretty good deal ... I also have the Baja 5s so if I was looking at price alone then yes it looks like a good deal, but as I said it really all comes down to the condition or how well used is hardware which is equally true for the Baja ... How well used is it ....

[size=1.2em][shadow=gray,left]w00d[/shadow][/size]
  3. GP Racer

GP Racer Registered

The baja is in absolute great condition,it also has a modded and reed inducted motor in it with some pther hop UPS like front brakes,fan cover brace,outerwears,hostile spur gears,turtle hd clutch bell/gears/bell housing and turtle clutch housing,it had meaty dogbones,alloy diff case,new painted body,bartolone racing pipe,fatter shock shafts,2s LiPo and BEC and I think that's it lol.

The motor has about a gallon on it so its barely breaking in and just gettin more powerful,its a bartolone racing full mod +1mm stroker crank with custom intake porting for the bartolone racing cylinder reeds,its a beast  of a motor and was originally built for my losi 5ive but got a bzm for that.

I'm not lookin to fly,if I were to trade would be to sell em cuz I need to get another losi for my bro.

I thank you for the info.
  4. w00d

w00d Registered

New Toronto, Ontario, Great White North, Ay
    Your welcome and on a side note I wouldn't mind those mods for my buggy ... Anyhow I would have to think with all those mods it would add allot of value to the Baja ... So it would be harder to say you were getting the better part of the deal. Maybe you would get more money for the losi if you sold the Baja and leave the heli's out of it ... Just thinking out loud ;)
  5. GP Racer

GP Racer Registered

Well, I have a guy over on rctech that's wanting to buy my baja and he's trying to sell off whatever he can and those are part of what's goin and he threw out the offer and I went thru a small heli/plane phase a long time ago so I didn't know what the worth of them were.

I know there some very knowledgeable plane and heli guys on here so I thought I'd ask.