1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

need a motor

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by JROCK, Sep 8, 2011.

1. JROCK

JROCK Registered

hello,im looking for a .21 engine for my losi 8b.it currently has a losi 427 engine almost new.im not gonna lie it's a gas hog so i wanna downsize.like i said the 427 has tons of compression and life left on it.i like to barter.. :)
  2. sinistercad

sinistercad Registered

The 427 isn't horrible if you cut and edge the crank and skirt runners along with runner a 6mm restrictor.  I am a complete throttle jockey and usually get about the same mileage out of my backup 427 as I do my OS VZB.
  3. Rookie

Rookie Registered

I ran a 427 for a long time, nice thing about these motors is they are very reliable, and for a new entry into the hobby they are easy to tune and keep running. I have one that I did some work on that I was getting close to the same times I am with my Nova P5 in my truggy. knife edged the leading and trailing edge on the crank, smoothed out the crank opening, smoothed the whole crank to get rid of burs, and minor port mods to the intake and exhaust side and a good throttle finger and you can get close to the 10 min mark with that big guy. However in a buggy the 427 tends to be a little over powered being a 28, they like to give all that torque to a larger friend in the truck. if you are looking to gain some extra run time as sinister said look into inserting a smaller venture in the carb to cut down some of the air intake, and re-tune off ya go.
  4. JROCK

JROCK Registered

hey rookie you mod motors?how long have you been doing mods?what are your prices?
  5. sinistercad

sinistercad Registered

Rook likes to think he can mod motors  :p
  6. Rookie

Rookie Registered

I have played, the few 427 motors that I have done have been more responsive and ran like champs regardless of what Sinister says. :p I don't do it for a living or for money, I had a few extra 427's laying around so I played alittle and it seemed to add a little of what I was looking for so I was happy with it. I have since moved to a Nova P5 HES Mod motor that is a great motor all around, unless Sinister forgets to fatten ya back up after the weather changes and your pipe burns the crap outta his arm :D