1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for RC hobbyists near Lakeview

Discussion in 'Off Road' started by Travis, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Travis

Travis Registered

Howdy,

Just wanted to let you all know that i have recently moved back home to Lakeview and my father and I have built a small track in an empty gravel lot. Nothing fancy, few woops and a few jumps. We estimated about 6-8 laps on a tank of fuel for a Jato 3.3 and a Caldera 3.0. We are trying to reach out to other RC fans to get together and race and work on more track types. Our first one we did the old fashioned way with some shovels, rakes and wheel barrow. Its on public land, which lets us be reasonable when we work on the tracks.

The track that we made is great for stadium trucks and other off road types.

Electric Cars are welcome, However bring your own batteries.

Our Current trucks that we are using:
    Traxxas- Nitro
    T-Maxx 3.0
    Jato 3.3

Redcat-Nitro
    Caldera 3.0
    Earthquake

If you are in the area or want to get together, just send me a message or post a reply. We welcome everyone.
    GPS likes this.
  2. GPS

GPS Registered

Welcome to the forums Travis. I think you are our first Lakewood member. Is there a lot of RC fans in your area?
  3. Travis

Travis Registered

Minor Correction, we are located in Lakeview,

And from what we know there are about a dozen RC fans around, majority in the Planes and Heli department. We havnt found many car or truck people *yet* but we are hoping to see more when the weather gets better.
  4. GPS

GPS Registered

Travis, You can fill out your profile and add your location and a Avatar by clicking your user name in the upper right side of the window.
  5. oregon outback

oregon outback Registered

Hi Travis,

I just joined the site, not sure if you still look at the posts or not. I also live in Lakeview and am looking to purchase my first car soon. Where is the track you spoke of. Once I get it I will be looking for a place to drive. My stepson has a car and I think it would be a good hobby for us. Shoot me a message if you get this.

Mike