1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Learn How to FLY CCPM Helicopters

Discussion in 'Helicopters' started by w00d, Mar 31, 2012.

1. w00d

w00d Registered

New Toronto, Ontario, Great White North, Ay
    [​IMG] [size=1em]A very good introduction and easy to follow set of routines that will get one
    flying and progressing with Cyclic/Collective Pitch Mixed (CCPM) helicopters ...

... w/ video

Enjoy
        [shadow=grey,left]w00d[/shadow]

[/size]
    [hr]
    [size=1em]QUOTE: Well – you made it! You are ready to learn how to fly RC helicopters.

All the research deciding on your best RC helicopter , purchasing it, learning all
    about it, and building it has brought you to this stage. What an accomplishment!

You should be proud of yourself - good job! As fun as that entire process was,
    now it gets really fun, after all, RC helicopters are built to fly ...[/size]

[size=1em]CONTINUED: HERE at rchelicopterfun.com

[/size]
  2. Pelagic Pilot

Pelagic Pilot Registered

This site was a big help for me to understand how RC helicopters work.
  3. w00d

w00d Registered

Yes a great site overall for generalized knowledge but for anything specific such as setting up ones equipment he's pimping his eBooks allot. Generally I don't have a problem with a person trying to make a buck or two but that knowledge is easily found elsewhere and for FREE ;) Well I suppose with the eBook's you'd be getting something as opposed to the ones who would simply ask for a donation. Anyway, nuff said ... Yes for the fundamentals of what's what in the rotatory world it's a good site for someone new if not very new to Rc Helicopters
  4. Pelagic Pilot

Pelagic Pilot Registered

Finless Bob at Helifreak is about the best resource I found for setting things up. All free too  ;)
  5. w00d

w00d Registered

Agreed ...

On "some" heli site was a link to one of Finless BoB's Video's which led me to Helifreak ... Spent the next three year talking to him and many other knowledgeable Freaks ... Great GUY to talk to ...

Back then I didn't even own a helicopter, I had only the picture of a TRex450sa which I was looking to buy. LOL and about three months later I dropped the CASH on the barebone TRex 450sa (No Electronics) then spent the next six month gathering what it needed along with some mods. What she looked like back then w/ mods, aftermarket SONIX head, ALIGN Motor 450XL, TRex CF Frame Kit, µH Tail-Servo Mount and TRex Canopy

So now with a finished heli in hand I had to think about a radio. I did spend allot of time researching until a VERY FINE fellow from Tennessee took pity and gave me the Spektrum DX6i I still use it to this day absolutely FREE, and he even paid the shipping ... How cool was that !?!

It certainly was a SLOW build, overall the first build of my TRex took just over a year to buy and build before it's fist hover

So that was that, hooked ever since and have the empty wallet to prove it [​IMG]

To see what she looks like today look HERE
        [size=1.1em][shadow=grey,left]w00d[/shadow]

[/size]