1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

JOSEPHINE COUNTY FAIRGROUNDS: Dual Use BMX Bicycle and RC Track Approved

Discussion in 'News' started by GPS, Mar 15, 2012.

1. GPS

GPS Registered

Tonight the Josephine County Fairgrounds Board approved the use of one of the indoor arena's for BMX bicycle and RC car/truck use. 

I am looking for a few people with RC 1/10 scale short course and 1/8 scale buggy/truggy track design experience.  I need your expertise in helping with a project that will be cooperating with track designers from a bicycle BMX club to see if we can all come up with a indoor track system that will work for all of us.

Please bring a positive can-do attitude with a willingness and desire to find a solution that is a winner for us and the BMX bicycle club.
  2. Bret

Bret Registered

A track for BMX and RC? I like it, that means big jumps for an RC car.
  3. stupid fast slash

stupid fast slash Registered

Thats great news john. If you need help with equipent operating for moving the dirt arond and compaction, let me know, as i have a lot of experience running skid steer loaders and compacters.
  4. GPS

GPS Registered

Thank you.  I just found out that the BMX club has the dirt, a whole lot of dirt.  They also have several people with the heavy machines needed to build the track.

Two people have volunteered to be track building consultants and I want at least one more.

I need expertise in helping with the track project.  The people involved will be cooperating with track designers from the bicycle BMX club to see if we can all come up with a indoor track system that will work for all of us.

Please bring a positive can-do attitude with a willingness and desire to find a solution that is a winner for us and the BMX bicycle club.
  5. GPS

GPS Registered

Yes, we would very much appreciate your input.  We are looking for at least one more person for our committee to represent us in a track design.  PM me with details on when you could be available to come to Grants Pass and participate in a meeting.
  6. stupid fast slash

stupid fast slash Registered

What kind of time frame are we looking at to get this track going by? When do we start racing?
  7. GP Racer

GP Racer Registered

Will nitro/gas be allowed?
  8. GPS

GPS Registered

9. GPS

GPS Registered

The track should be available after the County Fair through April 2013.  Then close for a while and open again after the County Fair 2013 and so on.
  10. sinistercad

sinistercad Registered

Well I can attest that I have helped groom a couple of tracks that have worked very well.  I would love to help on the design layout and yes it would be I'm sure a 1/8th freindly track since they are going to run bmx bikes on it and they require the same track widths and jumps spreads that our nitro truggy and buggies run on.  Let me know if I can help.