1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Indoor Racing Every First & Third Wednesday Nights

Discussion in 'On Road' started by Golden Child, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Golden Child

Golden Child Moderator Staff Member

Indoor RC planes, Helicopters, and Cars!

Come join us south of Grants Pass at the Lincoln Savage Middle School starting Wednesday, Sept. 21st. @ 7pm. Flying is in the the gym, and RC Cars are in the balcony. From 7pm to 10pm every first and third Wednesday of the month until next June!

Take Hwy 238/Williams Hwy south to Murphy. Turn right onto New Hope Rd. at the Murphy Store/Union 76 gas station. Entrance to the school is on the right just past the church. Please use second gate and come on into the gym. Questions - call Chris @ 541-441-1965.

FREE to watch, $5.00 to fly/drive.
  2. JROCK

JROCK Registered

are these events for electrics only?
  3. Golden Child

I'm not sure. I posted this for a friend and really don't know anything about it other than what's on the flyer he gave me. If you're interested, give Chris a call at 541-441-1965 and he'll set you up with the right info.
  4. Golden Child

OK, I just spoke with Chris and he told me that yes, electrics only because it is a school gym and it's pretty small at that. Sorry, I know you're a nitro racer.
  5. GPS

GPS Registered

I was there this past season and there was a pretty good group of both electric cars and small electric planes.  I flew my small mSR helicopter and raced my Associated 1/18 scale cars.  There were quite a few guys with these.  There were also a bunch of guys with 1/10 scale cars also like TC3 and so on.  One guy had one of those new Traxxas 1/16 Ford Focus cars and it ran good.  The surface is excellent for drifting and even the oval racing you better have some drifting skills.

In the main gym many guys were flying those "vapor" planes and I saw some Blade CX2 size helicopters.

It is a lot of fun!