1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm Me

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Rebuilt Rusty, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Rebuilt Rusty

Rebuilt Rusty Registered

I lived in Medford for 3 and a half years but moved to Texas in Feb. 2012 did a lot of RCing in the area while I lived there ran to Klamath a few times with blt4speed and adam(bartljuice)  from GP  and a few others, ran a little bit out at RC Addictions place until the drama got to be too much and got away from it. Ran at chads place when it was on crater lake highway and went out to the place in Jville but never raced there. That's pretty much it. I have been lurking in the background kind of checking on how things have been there and keeping up with some friends from my time racing there so finally joined up on here.
  2. Golden Child

Golden Child Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum!
  3. GPS

GPS Registered

Welcome aboard.  What is the RC scene like in Texas?
  4. Rebuilt Rusty

Rebuilt Rusty Registered

To put it bluntly it sucks. only track where I live is maybe 30x40 and the closest big track is almost an hour away.
  5. GPS

GPS Registered

I'm kind of surprised to hear that.  I figured there was more RC interest than here in Grants Pass/Medford.  What about planes?
  6. Rebuilt Rusty

Rebuilt Rusty Registered

Yeah I probably should have specified ground based RC scene here sucks, Planes and Helos on the other hand have their own airport out by the lake.  Just never got into aerial stuff always ran the ground based stuff  tried a simulator at Als cycle and hobby when I lived in medford  and the guy actually said he thinks I set a record on quickest crash in the sim. As for the RC interest go up to Dallas/Fort Worth area and down to the Austin or Houston area and there's probably a track and RC hobby shop every third or fourth block.
  7. GPS

GPS Registered

I heard they were big on flying in Texas but I figured that RC cars and trucks would also be big.

By the way, there is a pretty nice flight simulator available from the Google Play store for free for a limited time if you have a Android based cell phone or tablet.  Look here:

http://southernoregonrc.com/index.php?topic=1960.0