1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

How to Link Photos from Photobucket

Discussion in 'FAQ and Suggestions' started by Golden Child, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Golden Child

Golden Child Moderator Staff Member

OK, so this will be a VERY short tutorial on posting links from Photobucket.com

1.Get a Photobucket.com account - its free :)
    2. Upload your photos to this account
    3. Once your photos are uploaded, hover your mouse over the pic you want to link to and click in the IMG Code window (see pic)

The first two pics were uploaded directly to this site - click on them to enlarge them so you can see what I'm talking about in my posts :)

Attached Files:

2. Golden Child

Clicking in the IMG code window copies the code you need to link to in your posts here :)
    Write your post as you normally would. Start a new line for, and paste the IMG code. (Like below)

Attached Files:

3. Golden Child

The end result of your post will include your pic, and even unregistered guests to this forum will be able to view them (if you upload them directly to this site, only registered members will see your pics).

Clicking in the IMG code window copies the code you need to link to in your posts here :)
    Write your post as you normally would. Start a new line for, and paste the IMG code. (Like below)
    [​IMG]
  4. Golden Child

If you're unfamiliar with uploading online, or any other computer issue, give me a call at 541-218-0512, and I will walk you through it over the phone  :D Cheers to all and Happy New Year!!!!!
  5. GPBill

GPBill Registered

Thanks for that GC.
    I wish you would have shown me that a couple years ago.  ;D
  6. Golden Child

I see a lot of posts from people asking how to do it, so I thought I'd do a quick tutorial. Hope it helps someone! Hey Bill, have you noticed the new Swap Meet event in Roseburg on Saturday, Feb. 11th? Think you might be able to make it down for a few hours? I'll buy lunch ;)
  7. smitty

smitty Registered

GC, the swap meet is [glow=red,2,300]Saturday Feb 11th.[/glow] not the 12th.

I'm getting all worked up about it!  can't wait!!!
  8. GPBill

GPBill Registered

Hmm.. tempting.  ;)
  9. Golden Child

Woops! My bad. Don't always catch my own typos/mistakes :)

EDIT: I corrected my error above so as not to have anyone confused about the date. Thanks again Smitty for catching it :)
  10. w00d

w00d Registered

New Toronto, Ontario, Great White North, Ay
    Good POST GC, yup THIS question gets asked allot ...
    ... it's also asked allot on many of teh "other" forums out on the NET and regardless of a forums subject of discussion

Given the questions FAQ stat and so people can see it quick how about ya PIN at the TOP of the forum [​IMG]

11. Golden Child

Good idea w00d. Done! Also moved it to the FAQ section as it seemed more appropriate. I was in a hurry when I posted it and didn't really look for the best place to start the thread ;)
  12. w00d

w00d Registered

Yeah much BETTER as I HAD only thought of "pinning" at the TOP of the forum it was in previously
    Yup I agree in the FAQ is better for this question/answer ... w00t, WHAT a TEAM WE make {LOL} [​IMG]
  13. Golden Child

Agreed! I think everyone on here has contributed to a great online atmosphere and a great place to share our thoughts/ideas/enjoyment of our hobby!
  14. w00d

w00d Registered

[size=1.3em]P[/size]hotobucket or [size=1.3em]F[/size]lickr the [size=1.3em]T[/size]iny [size=1.3em]R[/size]eview ...
    ... [size=0.7em]two of the more popular photo sharing sites[/size] ...

I thought I needed more space for my Photo sharing, and 'thought' being the operative word here. Thinking I needed more space for my pictures I signed up for a FREE Flickr Photo Sharing account (my Flickr) but after looking at what was being offered by both Photobucket and Flickr it became obvious, maybe painfully obvious {LOL} what my choice should be ...

Following applies the their FREE accounts as they both offer PRO accounts which are indeed 'Unlimited' ...
    ... The numbers, or IMO what stood out most

The photo's which we can upload to Photobucket's FREE account are not only larger in size (higher resolution) than offered by Flickr FREE but there is also no limitation as to the number of photo's we can upload. And I personally find Photobucket even looks or can look better, but that's no surprise as their services offer more options toward the looks and/or the choice of themes

If you find yourself looking for a FREE Photo Sharing Service and find yourself trying to decide between both Photobucket FREE and Flickr FREE then I hope you will find this post of use ...

I thought this thread would be as good as any for this post, but the true reason I posted it within this thread is it's related to the 'Original' post (OP) and so teh LIST of Photographic Tutorials can be easily referenced at a future date. FYI:

[​IMG]
                              [size=0.7em]Large (1024 x 578) the largest view offered by Flickr FREE[/size]

[hr]
    [size=1.2em] ... or your service of choice, more on-line Photo Sharing sites[/size]

[​IMG]

[hr]

[size=1.2em]Before signing-up for ANY online service and/or Photo Contest[/size]

For your own protection please read the following as there are plenty sneaky people out in the world.
    Linkage shows us an example, an extreme case or an example of the 'worst of the worsts'

What we need to take away from this example is it's in your best interest to read every [acronym=End-User License Agreement]EULA[/acronym] (the fine print) before signing up for anything!

[hr]
    EDIT: Last Edit - July 11, 2012
    [hr]
    [size=1.2em]Digital Photography Tutorials:

[/size]Tutorials to help us take better pictures of our Rc projects ...
    ... These are some of my favorites which have something for the beginner, the amateur and professional photographer alike ... Something for everyone

Will also ADD to the LIST from time to time ...
    ... GREEN equals excellent reading

Note: When the AGE of this POST increases so will the likelihood of any given URL becoming broken, please report any found

[hr]
    • Monitor Calibration:
    • Variation Facts and Fallacies: This read will put the 'TRUTH' into it - w00d
    • NASA - Space Shuttle: Not a 'Tutorial' just allot of great pictures from NASA'a Space Shuttle Program shown with a photographers eye

PS: If you have a favorite photography site (tutorial) your more than welcome to post ...
    ... or if preferred, to have them added to this LIST beam them to my PMail

Enjoy
        [size=1.2em][shadow=gray,left]w00d[/shadow][/size]

[hr]
  15. GPS

GPS Registered

I thought Photobucket was limited unless you paid for their service.  Thanks w00d.
  16. w00d

w00d Registered

I also thought that but was somewhat mistaken ... The Photobucket PRO account apparently offers the same unlimited number of photo's. Where as the PRO account does NOT limit the physical size (resolution) of the photo's as does their FREE service. Which for me makes it's useful or better for photo archiving (or back up)
  17. w00d

w00d Registered

Wanted to let you all know I've added some photography Tutorials to my 'Review' POST above, click 'HERE' or see 'Reply #13'

[size=1.2em][shadow=gray,left]w00d[/shadow][/size]

[hr]
  18. w00d

w00d Registered

A little TIP I would like to pass on to our Photobucket (Pb) users

A really BIG annoyance I have with Pb, if using the browser to navigate it's the time it can take to change to a specific 'Album' that drives me to DRINK being so darn SLOW! And multiply by the number of Album changes I do per session times many visits per day and it adds up to quite a bit of wasted time.

So a BIG annoyance deserve a little FIX, simply put I've created 'Bookmarks' to each of my 'albums' plus one to the Pb 'upload' page which has made my workflow quite a bit faster thus making me a happier camper ... Although it should be filed under the heading "D'oh I'm such a knucklehead, why didn't I think of this sooner" LOL

[​IMG] I know it's just a simple idea but for Photobucket at least setting up this way made my (and maybe your) life a wee bit faster and less of a waste

Hope it helps
          [size=1.2em][shadow=grey,left]w00d[/shadow][/size]

[​IMG]
  19. w00d

w00d Registered

[size=1.2em]Maybe an alternate to Photobucket? Flickr.com[/size]
    ... I thought we should all know if not already ...

The WIRE is a buzz with teh NEWS that Yahoo the new owners of Flickr.com is now offering ONE Terabyte of FREE Image space.
    ... Also your images won't be re-sized, that's full-rez image uploads

[size=1.2em]I have signed up[/size]
    ... If you have a Yahoo or Google+ account you can sign-up using one of those accounts
    ... This makes Flickr my newest goto for images sharing  ;)     [​IMG]

PROTUS.Black_and_White by Smea Again, on Flickr

FYI:
        [acronym=EYE See! VOICE of the O·pin·ion·at·ed! My pages, w00d Uncensored ... ][shadow=grey,left][size=1em]w[/size][size=1.25em]00[/size][size=1em]d[/size][/shadow][/acronym]  [​IMG]