1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Hi guys, DirtModeler here.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by DirtModeler, Feb 14, 2013.

1. DirtModeler

DirtModeler Registered

I kind of caught the R/C bug again recently after buying a Tamiya Mad Bull for my boy for his birthday.

I'll have a car starting tomorrow.  I bought a cheap Plasma Edge for my boy and I to be able to bash on the beach this weekend.

I have my sights on an XV-01 Pro for some rally racing, and would really like to find some fun races to use it in...

I'm also really happy to hear about the carpet pan car races in Klamath Falls.  I've always wanted to race a pan car, and will probably get one of those too if there is a place to race it.

anyway, i'll be stopping by regularly to find out what's going on in Southern Oregon RC racing.. i've been looking for where the 'scene' is around here.

- Michael
  2. GPS

GPS Registered

Hi DirtModeler, Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums!
    Are you located in Klamath Falls?
  3. DirtModeler

DirtModeler Registered

Hi,

I'm in Medford actually. 

It's just that the carpet racing in KF piqued my interest.

A little story of how i came upon RC Racing again (if it's ok)

www.dirtmodeler.com is my site for specialty scale model parts for dirt motorsports.

A while back I created some wheel cover/Beadlock upgrades for 4x4-Off Road modelers (static models) since there weren't any in existence.

I was asked by a customer from one of my Ebay listings if the covers would fit the Losi Micro Crawler (which i had no idea what it was at the time).

I did some research and ended up ordering a set of wheels to see what i could do.  From there i realized i could also make them for the Redcat Sumo crawler, as well as the Losi Micro SCT (all of them will be completed in about a month).

Anyway, between all of that research (reading through forums, looking at pictures), as well as helping my son build his Tamiya Mad Bull, i got to missing the old days of R/C racing (i used to have a Grasshopper, Blackfoot, and a Trinity Reflex-10 Oval Car).

I'm most interested in some low key carpet grand prix type stuff, as well as some Rally Racing.  I'll probably start pulling together a 10L to race in the spec class over in KF, it's probably a lot of fun.  If my son gets interested, i might get him together a car as well... might be fun to do together once a month or so.

- Michael
  4. GPS

GPS Registered

One of our local hobby shops will be opening a track soon.  They may have info for you about what kind of racing they will be hosting.