1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Hey guys! New here.

Discussion in 'Airplanes' started by dnachristen, Apr 17, 2013.

1. dnachristen

dnachristen Registered

Hey guys, Just wondering if they closed the small flying field in White City on Ave G? The wife went by & told me all of the tables and plywood starting areas were gone, plus there was a sign in the field. I'll have to go see what the sign says.

Is there another area to fly semi large scale aircraft around here besides the Members Only Agate Skyways?
  2. GPS

GPS Registered

Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums!

I know the place you are talking about but I haven't been there for a few months and the tables (spools) were still there back then.  Let us know know what the sign says.

The Rogue Valley Flyers have a great field but it's all the way over in Kerby.
  3. Golden Child

Golden Child Moderator Staff Member

The sign says "Do Not Litter, Leave Nothing Behind Per Owner". Saw some people flying there earlier this week. I've stopped by a couple times just to look it over but haven't flown there yet. There is nothing on the sign that prohibits flying, just keep it clean and respect other people's property is what I get from it.

I am getting to where I can work half days on Fridays so I'll be bringing some planes with me to work to have some air time afterwards. Except this next Friday, I have a doctor's appointment :(

Anyone wanting to get together and do some flying I'll be there Fridays from around 11:30 to ??? At least a couple hours anyway. Hope to see some of you out there, Mike 8)
  4. dnachristen

dnachristen Registered

Sweet! Now I have a place to fly again. It's much better there before 10am. The winds really kick up in the afternoon.
  5. GPS

GPS Registered

Are those big wire spools that were used as tables gone?
  6. Golden Child

Golden Child Moderator Staff Member

Wish I could get out there earlier but since I'll be flying some of my bigger parkflyers, .46-.90 size, the wind really won't be much of a problem. I've actually flown my  EPO foam Pitts bipe (33" wingspan, 24oz. AUW) in 35mph winds with no problem :)
  7. dnachristen

dnachristen Registered

The spools and plywood areas are gone. Too bad :(

I actually flew my old Firebird EPO out there in 25mph winds... Talk about fighting to keep it going with forward progression.