1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with my Blade CX 2, please!

Discussion in 'Helicopters' started by Derek A. Brown, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Derek A. Brown

Derek A. Brown Registered

So, I recently ended up with a Blade CX 2 that is nearly fully upgraded. It has upgrade motors, carbon fiber and aluminum frame/chassis, aluminum everything else, and a carbon tail boom conversion.
    I had to figure out what wires went where when I hooked up one of the receivers that came with it. Eventually, I got it airborne, but it was making a very faint noise (possibly a motor whine). Then it just started spinning to the right and making the same noise much louder. If I set it down and fiddle with it, then it will fly for a minute, but will still start spinning again. The transmitter's rudder trim was set all the way to the left already, so I am assuming that this has been an ongoing problem from the previous owner.
    The only conclusion that I can come to is that maybe one of the motors is going kaput. The gear mesh is fine; the aftermarket blue delrin gears still look new too.
    Any thoughts or advice anyone?

-Derek, Next Level RC
  2. GPS

GPS Registered

I agree with you. Those are pretty cheap brushed motors on the CX2. Luckily they are available everywhere and there are also some great hop up motors available if you want to go that route. I would get a pair of motors because one is a left and one is a right turning motor and you might want to change them both at the same time since they both wear about evenly.
  3. Derek A. Brown

It has upgraded motors in it, but the stock ones came with it in the included toolbox. So, maybe I'll just plug them in for now and see if it fixes the problem . . and then keep my eyes open for a pair of hop-up motors for a good deal. Then again, they're only $24.95 for a pair on ebay . . hmmmmmm

-Derek, Next Level RC
  4. GPS

GPS Registered

5. Derek A. Brown

Well, I installed the two stock motors . . . annnnnd, no change. :confused:
    Still makes that whining noise, still spins to the right. The only other possibility that I can think of would be a bearing. If it's spinning to the right, then would it be an upper or lower bearing dragging? o_O
    This fella just looks so stinkin' cool with all its fancy parts; I really want to fly it. lol

-Derek, Next Level RC
  6. GPS

GPS Registered

When you had the motors out did you turn the shafts and feel if there was any drag or noise from the bearings? There are inner and outer bearings on the coaxial main shaft. You should also check the main gears and pinions for a broken, chipped or bent tooth.
  7. Derek A. Brown

The main gears are blue delrin and are in perfect shape along with the pinion gears on both sets of motors. Maybe I'll just replace all of the bearing since I do have them in my inventory anyway.
    -Derek, Next Level RC
  8. GPS

GPS Registered

I hope it's the bearings. A while back E-Flite had a ton of defective 3 in 1 controller units. My brother went through about five in a row before getting one that worked properly.
  9. Derek A. Brown

I have the EFLH1023 that it came with in my toolbox and a Spektrum AR6100e which is currently be used for the Gaui. I put an EFLH1024 4-in-1 in the MX2. I'll try the bearings first and let ya know.
    Thanks for the help,

-Derek, Next Level RC
  10. Derek A. Brown

Not sure if this worked, but if it did, then here's three pictures of my CX2

-Derek, Next Level RC
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2013
  11. GPS

GPS Registered

Nope, we can't see them. Don't post photos from Facebook links, instead upload the photos directly here.
  12. Derek A. Brown

Now, it says that image is too large.
  13. GPS

GPS Registered

14. Tiger

Tiger Registered

I've been hearing great things about this FREE photo editor. I have not tried it, but I plan to. It must be pretty good, because it's got 70 million downloads just on download.com. I should work great to shrink your photos. You'll also find it handy to tweak all your photos to perfection.

http://www.irfanview.com/

...Tiger
  15. w00d

w00d Registered

New Toronto, Ontario, Great White North, Ay
    I use 'IrfanView' amongst many others, yup, it's feature set is pretty robust.
    ... and it does come highly recommended around the photography tutorial sites, ;)
    ... as it often makes the TOP-10 lists of FREE photo apps.

-w00d
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  16. GPS

GPS Registered

You should make a How-To reduce a photo file size using lrfanView for others who might want to use it.
  17. w00d

w00d Registered

Well I could and just might and thanks for asking ...
    ... but really it's a no BS application and fairly intuitive, easy as 1-2-3 ;)

EDIT: Not to promote (pimp) my site but here I've put together a page
    of photo tutorials which some may find helpful !?! Photography Tutorials.
    It's NOT simply a BLIND list as I read a learned from each and every one.

LOL, have a look at the subtitle 'How-to' :p
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  18. w00d

w00d Registered

Here's another FREE image processor that y'all might like, y'all might even like it better than IrfanView as I did ???
    Amongst this software's many tricks and for our purposes here it does batch conversions and re-size's, also compatible with 500 image formats and can export to 70 ... Windows, Mac OS X and Linux ...

It pretty much can do what IrfanView can do if not more! On the surface the only difference to IrfanView I can see is this App. has a better looking (newer) GUI, see attachment ;)

See also:

FYI:
    -w00d

Attached Files:

19. Tiger

Tiger Registered

Never heard of it, but it's an interesting program. GUI is still about as clunky as IrFanView. Seems to be very much geared to the batch processing. Might be good in some situations, but I don't think either of these would be my choice for general use. My day to day is Corel Photo, but it's not free.

...Tiger
  20. w00d

w00d Registered

Meh, they are what they are ;) "batch converters!"
    ... I've found them handy when playing, experimenting with time-lapse videos, where I needed to colour grade and re-size near 500 images or more.
    ... The "batch" functions within my photo editors are feature poor.

For my day-to-day photo editing, I use ...
    ... Paintshop Pro X4 Ultimate, with the Color Efex Pro 3.0 plug-in, hence the name Ultimate.
    ... And I also use Photoshop CS2 and Photoshop Elements 11 although NOT that often.

I don't like Photoshop Elements 11 (too limited for what I do) but CS2 is alright although it's pretty OLD software by today's standard.

Of course (as it's well known) we can find any number of FREE photo-editors and I've probably tried them all but generally I found them lacking in one way or another ... But that's just smea ;)
    When asked, I highly recommend any 'beginner' try the free stuff first until they have found their way for the lack of a better way to say it.

-w00d
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013