1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Heavylift 450 Blades

Discussion in 'Helicopters' started by Pelagic Pilot, May 15, 2012.

1. Pelagic Pilot

Pelagic Pilot Registered

A few guys who fly scale or FPV have said good things about these blades. Semi symmetrical flat bottom wide chord 325mm 450 heli blades. They provide clean lift, allow lower rotor rpm and are stable. One person claims to have added 4 minutes to a battery. I think the 34 minute 450 on youtube has these and it was at 10Allen minutes when the osd hit 2250 mah.

http://www.espritmodel.com/spin-semi-symmetrical-carbon-fiber-main-blades.aspx
  2. GPS

GPS Registered

They cost as much as a set of Curtis Youngblood Radix blades of the same size.

I wonder what your Co-Pilot would do if you got inverted with these blades on.  Do you think it would make any difference?

What helicopter is that in the photo on the top left sidebar of their web page?
  3. Pelagic Pilot

Pelagic Pilot Registered

People say they make a horrible sound when inverted, but do function. CO Pilot would get you back over upright, but I think it would not be a good idea to try it very much.

No sure what the heli is, but it looks like a K frame maybe?:

http://www.cnceffects.com
  4. GPS

GPS Registered

That looks like the servo position but I thought the one on the home page had carbon fiber side frames and now it doesn't show on their home page.  Nice frame that K Frame though.  I never cared much for the Align push-me-pull-you servo pitch control contraptions.
  5. Pelagic Pilot

Pelagic Pilot Registered

Could have been a Goblin 700:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c8R7Q9uVgI&hd=1
  6. GPS

GPS Registered

I think the servos were vertically mounted instead of horizontally mounted.  That Goblin configuration looks very nice though.  Interesting that they went with a square boom too.
  7. w00d

w00d Registered

New Toronto, Ontario, Great White North, Ay
    I usually don't get all that excited about blades, being stuck in my ways. I have my favorites but I think I might TRY these on my 'Scale' build ... LOL, but only after I buy my needed 3-axis GYRO

With them having  teh "semi-symmetrical airfoil" they should ADD some extra lift ... Obviously 'Scale' builds are usually heavier than most so any additional LIFT would be a plus and welcome

But we know aesthetics matter w/ 'Scale' builds so the only issue I see {IMHO} w/ the Spin Blades is their 'looks' don't necessarily jive with the 'look' of my Bell UH-1. Well NOT the military look at least but I suppose if we had a UH-1 painted w/ a Commercial Scheme the 'white' could work. Anywayz I guess w/ a little DIY creativity we certainly could work around that for my Huey's military paint scheme...

Somewhat belated PP, but thanks for the linkage
        [size=1.2em][shadow=grey,left]w00d[/shadow][/size]

[hr]