1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Having trouble with my Gaui 500X . . .

Discussion in 'Multirotor' started by Derek A. Brown, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Derek A. Brown

Derek A. Brown Registered

Okay, so I just got this pre-owned Gaui 500x in the mail today. Here is what the listing said about it before I bought it:
    GAUI 500X
    KK2 Board
    Sky Walker Quattro 25amp ESC
    RCTimer HP2812-1000Kv Motors
    4- 10x5 Propellers
    FrSKY TFR6 Receiver
    Needed to fly: 2.4Ghz 4 channel Transmitter and 3 cell 1500mah-3000mah Lipo Battery.

I plugged in a Spektrum 6100e and bound it to my Blade SR's HP6DSM (since I don't have a FrSKY transmitter). I don't have a 3 cell with a deans plug, so I used a 2 cell 4000 mAH 7.4V. I did a receiver test though the KK2 menu and it is receiving my input. The main screen says "ERROR: NO ROLL INPUT". I have not put the props on it yet, but it does not even spin the brushless motors. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I did a factory reset and also let it recalibrate the ACC, to no avail.
    Please help, anybody.

-Derek, Next Level RC
  2. Tiger

Tiger Registered

Derek - The KK2 is not seeing one of your channels. It's not going to let you arm or run the motors until it does. I sure hope you wrote down the settings that were programmed into the KK2 before you did that reset! First step is going to be to recheck your wiring between the radio and KK2. Look at the receiver channel on the KK2 and verify that all the channels you think you connected are registering and that the correct stick moves each channel.

...Tiger
  3. Derek A. Brown

Unfortunately I did not write down the previous settings. I have no information on the KK2 or what wires go where, nor do I have any experience with it. Everything was plugged into the FrSky TFR6, so I unplugged one plug at a time and plugged it into the corresponding spot on the 6100e. Channels one through five are plugged into the same spots that they were before. The only two open slots on the 6100e is the AUX1 and the GEAR (Channel 6 and 7 on the TFR6). My AR6200 just arrived in the mail too. So, I may use it eventually.
    I'm not sure what to do next, but I need help. =(

-Derek, Next Level RC
  4. Derek A. Brown

Okay, I contacted the previous owner and this is what he said:

Dear next-level-rc-pro,

Just make sure you have the motor layout on "X" because it will default to "+" and it will flip the quad over. I can't find the values I had set, but you can start with these

Roll/pitch P-tuning:

Set the gains and limits to the following values:

Roll/Pitch P-gain: 35
    Roll/Pitch P-limit: 100
    Roll/Pitch I-gain: 0
    Roll/Pitch I-limit: 20

Yaw P-gain: 45
    Yaw P-limit: 20
    Yaw I-gain: 0
    Yaw I-limit: 10

Now, Increase Roll/Pitch P-gain by 10 (5 or less for a small aircraft) at a time, and test your aircraft response by hovering and move the left stick in short and fast movements.

The motor beeps are normal while in menu.

But this still doesn't explain the error message . . .

-Derek, Next Level RC
  5. Tiger

Tiger Registered

Those are good settings to have, but I wish he had had what he was using. When I have time, I'll get my settings for you. They are probably closer than those. None of this has to do with your error message. Did you check the wiring like I suggested? I'm attaching a pic with the wiring layout of the KK2 in case you don't have it.

...Tiger

KK2_Layout.jpg
  6. Derek A. Brown

That'd be great to be able to check out your settings. I am going to tinker with it tomorrow afternoon. Thank you for the advice.

-Derek, Next Level RC