1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Greetings from a Klamanite

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by dnsducks, Apr 11, 2012.

1. dnsducks

dnsducks Registered

Hi all,
    I'm hailing from Klamath, and i think i may know a few of you already. (blt4speed thanks for the avatar, and go DUCKS!!!  ;)
    I migrated here from the other site... a  site which can not be named.
    thanks for the directions  ;D
    see my sig. for the current steeds in the stable. ::)

So i am Just waiting for the outdoors to start round these parts and hopefully make it over the hill a time or two if the GP thing kicks off. Maybe J-Ville too?
    weather is looking up (relatively speaking) around here. i am hopeful the snow is about done falling so we can start outdoors soon. (can't wait, fingers crossed) i hear a new track layout may be in the works this year over here? would be cool. now if we could just get some more and/or new pipe....

Looking forward to meeting some of you, in person hopefully, but e-version is fine too.

Nice place you have here, looking forward to spending some minutes here.

Best regards,
    Dan
  2. Tiger

Tiger Registered

Welcome to the forum Dan.  I think we're all waiting for this weather to settle down a little.  :)

...Tiger
  3. GPS

GPS Registered

Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums Dan!
  4. blt4speed

blt4speed Registered

welcome Dan !  good to have more racers showin up on this forum (and duck fans too).  also lookin forward to racing in k-falls this season.  every once in a while im gonn venture a bit further to race ( redding, chico) as we've went down there and had a blast recently.  gonna race 4wd sc this year as well as my 2wd sc10.  there is a couple races out in jacksonville this year, you guys should try and make the trip for them, as the sc turnout is always decent, and the nitro buggies/truggies are always fun to be around. 
  5. dnsducks

dnsducks Registered

thanks all, for the hellos and welcomes. I am feeling it.  :)

Blt4,
    yes i am really looking forward to you and your crew making back over. that was some fun racing.
    As for me, it will be all i can do to make it over the hill for a race or two. not really going to be able to make the far distant voyages. I am really hoping the GP thing takes... that would be cool. I feel like the hobby is on the brink of a resurgence circa mid eighties (but maybe that is just me) so it would be great to have another spot to choose from. How cool if there was enough tracks that had races setup for a series.. and a points champoinship? one day maybe.. digressing. ::)
    I am goin to be running the stadium truck, and 2wd SC but really looking forward to the 4wd SC. i only got to run the the 4wd twice last year at the track and the first time I broke hard (done for the day) in the very first heat.  the racing is so much fun and seems like the class is getting bigger all the time.
    this year i am hoping ( if funds are available ) to add a 1/8 e buggy. i got to drive one once last year and i got the bug. sooo much fun.  not sure whicy yet though.. suggestions anyone?

good news.. we are getting rain here consistently instread of snow(thank God).. so the weather might be gettin more favorable for outdoors.
    Best,
    Dan