1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

got a new project!!!!!!

Discussion in 'On Road' started by chaseloc101, Sep 10, 2013.

1. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

So I came acrossed an old local forum grantspassrc.com and found a thread under random parts. Showing this sweet street bike posted for sale 5 years ago. Guess who!!. Highlandcrawler. Nice i thought. So I hit him up. I was so lucky thats he had and willing to sell it to me. So I grabbed it soon as I could. My new (to me) kyosho honda nsr500. I love this thing got some plans for this bike. But first I got to get going. Gonna make her fast. Definitely will be getting lights, I see my self running her at night in empty parking lots for a bit. But its gonna look good with my drift cars.

Attached Files:

2. GPS

GPS Registered

That's cool. I'd like to see that run sometime when your done.

I wonder if Highlandcrawler still has that brand new DNA Mantis chassis?
  3. GPS

GPS Registered

I tried going to their website DNS-RC.com and it seems to be gone. Did they go out of business? Why didn't you build it for yourself? Do you want to sell or trade it?
  4. GPS

GPS Registered

Is this the new company: http://billet-works.com/ ? It looks like he has some cool stuff. Have you any of these products? I wonder how good their dig for AX10 is?

I don't have any Berg axles so yeah, I think another crawler project is not in the stars for me right now. I still have a XR10 brand new in the box. I've been putting that off until I get a full Vanquish Products axle set for it. Our other three crawlers haven't been used since last winter when we setup some fun courses in the living room over the sofas and coffee table. I also have a couple nice GMade Rock Buggy tube style frames that aren't being used. I did get some Axial shocks that I wanted to use on them but haven't purchased any axles yet.
  5. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

Wow thread jack much. Lol cool on finding the stand. Got make some time get on your track. And scaler course. .
  6. GPS

GPS Registered

Sorry about that. I have to say I'm impressed that you found that motorcycle on http://grantspassrc.com/. The Google-Fu is strong with this one. ;)
  7. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

I guess. . Lol. I was pretty stoked to find out he still had it. It will go well the the rest of the street family. :cool:
  8. GPS

GPS Registered

Have you run it? I have always been curious about RC motorcycles.
  9. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

Not yet. It needs the electronics. Im tearing it down to build it back up to learn how this works. It came with a manual and extra parts. He even threw in an old RC mag that has an article about that bike.its design for nimi and brushed. But Im gonna have to go brushless and lipo. I want it fast. 3s fast.
  10. GPS

GPS Registered

I think brushless is the way to for any model nowadays except maybe crawlers, but I've noticed that a lot more crawlers are going brushless also.
    Deven might come to Grants Pass sometime (http://southernoregonrc.com/index.p...evo-read-and-give-your-input.1354/#post-19917) maybe you'll have your motorcycle running by then so we can check it out. You've got some touring and drift cars already so we should go run at Harbeck before the fall.