1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

FPV Video Transmitter Info

Discussion in 'AP/FPV' started by Pelagic Pilot, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Pelagic Pilot

Pelagic Pilot Registered

Found a good page that describes the differences with frequencies for video links when flying FPV:

http://www.dragonlinkstore.com/index.php?page=video-system

I currently use the 900 Mhz stuff that is described in the first paragraph. But will probably switch over to 1.2 next time I buy more stuff.
  2. w00d

w00d Registered

New Toronto, Ontario, Great White North, Ay
    What a coincidence ... Was reading up on my EagleTree eLogger which support FPV and because they don't actually sell the video transmitter/receivers nor cameras they pointed me to Hobby Wireless and the 900mHZ you are using. Your link was a very interesting read and all this talk on the subject has perked my interest. I'm just not sure which bird I'm going setup for my first attempt at FPV ... speaking rhetorically I would say the most stable
  3. Pelagic Pilot

Pelagic Pilot Registered

If you can fly your helicopters at all, then any ccpm heli will work. The 450 is very stable and easy to fly for FPV. The bigger the better of course, but the 450 is not exactly small. Wind is not much of an issue with forward flight. But hovering can be a challenge since you can not see behind yourself.
  4. w00d

w00d Registered

New Toronto, Ontario, Great White North, Ay
    Flying is not an issue for me at least, crashes are few and far between these days. Actually I'm going to buy a QUAD as my camera platform and here I was going to drop the cash on the GAUI 330X-S but now the 500X is available and being a larger of the two I'm going to go with that. Just need to find the cash. But if I were to mount a camera on any of my Collective Pitch birds it would be my PROTOS 500 as it's the one with most ability to lift the weight (camera I going to use is relatively large) and given it's size the most stable. Also my PROTOS 500 as it's got a full range Rx not a Park Flyer Rx which I would usually buy for my smaller helicopters - That sad truth is my Nikon already has the ability to transmit a video signal however I'm not about send a $1500+ up into the heavens {LOL} - w00d