1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

For All You Scalers

Discussion in 'Crawlers' started by Golden Child, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Golden Child

Golden Child Moderator Staff Member

Not really a crawler but it reminded me of the scale work you guys are so good at ;D
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLmB2T-rb8c[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxSAnphKZPw[/youtube]
  2. Golden Child

And a couple more. Clearly the Germans are serious about play time ;)
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cglz9gtt9co[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n1iNbdSJPs[/youtube]
  3. GPS

GPS Registered

It's interesting that the Germans are into heavy industrial equipment style RC stuff.

Remember a while back there was a guy who actually dug out his entire basement using RC trucks and diggers?
  4. Golden Child

I do remember that. Wasn't it w00d that posted that?
  5. GPS

GPS Registered

I don't remember, but these videos reminded me of that.  I wonder if those Germans are actually building something of just driving their RC models in scale environments.
  6. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

They are Building sodar island for thomas and his friends..
  7. highlandcrawler

highlandcrawler Registered

The Germans seem too be the leaders in scale equipment modeling. The real nice kits all come from over seas and are into the thousands. Brands like Wedico and Bruder are 2 big ones. The semi and equipment scene you will see called "garden trucking" in the scale world. There is a very nice website called well.... gardentrucking.com lol imagine that huh? Last time I priced out the dozer I wanted it was around $4500 :eek:.

The basement dig was most likely Joe from up in Canada. He has been at it for almost a decade now and still going last I knew.

[quote author=GPS link=topic=3914.msg20023#msg20023 date=1376233451]
    I don't remember, but these videos reminded me of that.  I wonder if those Germans are actually building something of just driving their RC models in scale environments.
    [/quote]

Both. They just tool around for fun but have a lot of gatherings also. There is huge gathering organized on massive proportions. They fill huge building with full scale cities. Guys will spend days even weeks setting up "environments" to play in. They have a sort of driver meeting and someone will tell all the different people all the things that need built, moved, dug or whatever. There will be stuff like buildings to move for the semi trucks and cranes and roads and bridges to be build for the construction equipment. All very cool and what I personally consider the top level of scale modeling. Its the big leagues of scalers ;D

[quote author=chaseloc101 link=topic=3914.msg20025#msg20025 date=1376281202]
    They are Building sodar island for thomas and his friends..
    [/quote]

That took me a second. Had me thinking about where I hear Sodar Island before :). The kid had what seems like a million miles of the track he likes running through the whole house. I just recently stole one of his cars and gave it a couple of slight mods. It has a Xmod motor and nimh battery setup now. I swear nothing is safe in my household :p

[​IMG]

8. knightrider81

knightrider81 Registered

lol dude awesome! I think my kids might have to start watching there toys! Im getting a ton of good ideas!!
  9. chaseloc101

chaseloc101 Registered

That took me a second. Had me thinking about where I hear Sodar Island before :). The kid had what seems like a million miles of the track he likes running through the whole house. I just recently stole one of his cars and gave it a couple of slight mods. It has a Xmod motor and nimh battery setup now. I swear nothing is safe in my household :p

[​IMG]

Lol damn.....
    [/quote]
  10. GPS

GPS Registered

That gardentrucking.com is pretty cool.  I never knew that kind of RC was so big.