1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Drifter from Medford

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Stephen, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Stephen

Stephen Registered

Hey everyone, life long Rogue Valley resident here. Been into RC all my life and just recently purchased a new RC drift car (second time in the sport). I've owned dozens of nitro cars/truck, several helis (mostly micro) and this is my 3rd electric I've ever owner. I use to be into electric drifting but grew tired of it fast as I was doing it by myself.. in parking garages.. and mostly in freezing wheather. BUT! A few of my firends, local and not, have bought 1/10 cars or are planning on it soon so I just purchased a Tamiya ta05 version 2, NIB as well as all the necessary electronics, etc. My previous drift car a HPI Sprint 2 which was a belt driven, counter steer, beast of a car. I had a ton of fun with it so I decided to buy a better belt driven chassis and do it again :) Below are some pictures of my old Sprint 2. Most are large so I left them as links.

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y449/CookieCutterClub/IMG_0863g64_zps8881854b.jpg
    http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y449/CookieCutterClub/IMG_6892_zps62dfd3ec.jpg
    http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y449/CookieCutterClub/IMG_0752_zps450ecdf0.jpg
    [​IMG]

But I'm really hoping that by finding this forum and getting to know people that me and my friends can find somewhere to enjoy this sport locally, or jsut meet some entusiasts like ourselves who want to go hang out in a parking garage avoiding traffic and weather to enjoy a little drifting. I work and have a 1 year old son so spur of the moment things are slightly less likely to happen than planned, but we all have jobs/cars and are mature so if anyone wants to meet up (after I get my car together, January 12th ish) message/e-mail/post here!

Thanks everyone! This forum seems to have a big following so I'm sure it will be fun to be a part of this community.

P.S. In the market for 6-cell 7.2v batteries and 1/10 touring wheels with greater offsets.
  2. knightrider81

knightrider81 Registered

Welcome fellow drifter! There are a few of us drifters here we're glad to see some new face's on this site for drifters! We havent found a home yet to do our drifting like an indoor facility but we are hoping to soon! as of right now i have an exceed drifter but im working on my new drifter as we speak i will be doing a build post so u guys can see it in the works! Chase and I are in gp area and when the weather halfway decent we get together and do our difting! Chase is a good drifter and this is only the end of my first year of doing it! I still need alot more practice...lol anyways i hope to meet up with u and ur friends it would be nice to have a big group of us drifting and maybe even put on a little show! like these guys do!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzTZKKrI1kQ
  3. GPS

GPS Registered

Welcome to Southern Oregon RC Stephen!  I am into on-road and started to get into drifting last summer.  In the summer we frequently meet at the south middle school on Harbeck in Grants Pass.  If you browse the calendar from last summer you will find some Saturday dates when meetups were held.  Those posts also have links to Google maps so you can see exactly where it is and some photos showing the features of that really nice parking lot.
  4. Stephen

Stephen Registered

I'm definitely excited! Especially beacause this just showed up at my work :D

[​IMG]

The next 5 hours of waiting to get off work are going to kill me.. This is my first non RTR kit ever, I cannot wait!
  5. GPS

GPS Registered

Your link does not work.
  6. Stephen

Stephen Registered

Fixed xD
  7. pile of toys

pile of toys Registered

looks like controlled mayhem=sweet
    I am looking for some electrics, to get something going...=probably a 1/10 on road,brushless-preferably waterproof (might try drifting) :p