1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Cool BBC (Bulletin Board Code)

Discussion in 'FAQ and Suggestions' started by w00d, May 30, 2012.

1. w00d

w00d Registered

New Toronto, Ontario, Great White North, Ay
    I was snooping around the forums HELP file ([acronym=Bulletin Board Code]BBC[/acronym]) and found some interesting and what I thought was some handy CODE, well it was new to me [​IMG]

[nobbc][nobbc][​IMG][/nobbc][/nobbc] <--- TAGS [nobbc][nobbc], [/nobbc][/nobbc] posts the BBC without actually executing said code
              Eg: Great for making forum How-to's, example 'nobbc TAGs' will post ---> [nobbc][​IMG][/nobbc]

[nobbc][acronym=Great Find Today]GFT[/acronym]  ---> [/nobbc][acronym=Great Find Today, now really would I LIE to you!]GFT[/acronym] <---  Eg: Mouse Over the Acronym, will show Tool Tip defining the acronym

[nobbc][abbr="a.k.a. [Pete Woods, pwoodyp]"]w00d[/abbr][/nobbc]  ---> [abbr="a.k.a. [Pete Woods, pwoodyp] Which is not ALL we could add here. Hit the Quote button to see more of this wonderful code ... Brought to you by one w/ wisdom and infinite time"]w00d[/abbr] <---  Eg: Mouse over my (Abbreviated) USER name to show another Tool tip at work

[size=1.2em][shadow=grey,left]w00d[/shadow][/size][/i]

[hr]
  2. GPS

GPS Registered

Does your post contain actual samples, or just sample code?  I am using Chrome on Linux and I do not see any mouse overs.
  3. w00d

w00d Registered

Yes it does in the very first line at the underlined BBC, then at underlined acronym 'GFT' and finally the underlined abbreviation 'w00d' should have popped-up a 'Tool Tip' during a Mouse-over

Yes, true I'm not using Linux ... so best I can say "it's working at this end?"

Yup I'm as puzzled as to why it won't work for ya ... haha it's my Windows BOX thumbing it's nose at your Linux BOX  [​IMG] J/K

[hr]
  4. GPS

GPS Registered

That's pretty cool.  Good eye(s)!
  5. w00d

w00d Registered

---> [acronym=Thanks Yoda Buddy, I thought it PRETTY COOL code, we can use it to get into ALL kinds of trouble]T.y.B[/acronym] <---
  6. GPS

GPS Registered

[abbr="Holy Moly Guacamole"]HMG[/abbr]  8)
  7. w00d

w00d Registered

Hey, just playing around again and found we CAN also make a URL ...
    ... which will display a Description pop-up by using teh 'acronym' tags with an embedded 'URL' tags

LOL @ the little things that make BIG smiles ...
    ... Thanks for Looking

[shadow=grey,left][size=1em]w[/size][size=1.25em]00[/size][size=1em]d[/size][/shadow]

[hr]
    Z-CODE --->

[nobbc][acronym=Urban Dictionary: is the dictionary you wrote. Define your world!]Urban Dictionary[/acronym][/nobbc]

[hr]
    Z-CODE produces --->

[acronym=Urban Dictionary: is the dictionary you wrote. Define your world!]Urban Dictionary[/acronym]

Mousing over the LINK will bring up the URL's Description and then as always CLICK to bring up the URL

[hr]
  8. GPS

GPS Registered

Pretty cool.  Good find w00d.