1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

clear 120 sr canopy?

Discussion in 'Helicopters' started by joebollinger35, Mar 28, 2012.

1. joebollinger35

joebollinger35 Registered

i want to paint a 120 sr canopy my own bright color. does anyone know if you can even get one clear?
  2. Tiger

Tiger Registered

They don't make a clear one.  You can at least get the red one which is much nicer.  The one I'd like to see clear is the little MQX quad.  The paint scheme on that makes it really hard to keep orientation.

...Tiger
  3. joebollinger35

thanks ,the red is a little easier to see,better color to.the MQX would be nice seeclear. id be interested to know what everyone would make them look like!
  4. highlandcrawler

highlandcrawler Registered

Therer are 3 different clear ones I have found. 1 looks like stock and the other looks rather odd and requires a lot of assembly. The 3rd option is to use the packing for a stock canopy and paint it as desired. I will vlook for some links for you in a few. They are out there though you just have to look hard for them.
  5. Tiger

Tiger Registered

Here you go!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/E-Flite-Blade-120SR-Clear-Canopy-W-Pilot-/270728157074?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f08a7d792

...Tiger
  6. joebollinger35

thank you tiger! i have to say im starting to finally get the hang of my 120,and  it is so fun to fly!
  7. highlandcrawler

I love mine. Are you flying outside yet or still indoors? Mine inside was a little tricky but outside I have been having a ball with the nicer weather.
  8. joebollinger35

both but i like it much better outdoors. my next task is to get a better transmitter,see  if i cant make it fly a bit better. i have also been practicing on the phoenix sim.
  9. highlandcrawler

A dx5 was a night and day difference for me. I used my mcx controller at first and it was kind of hard to fly. Wish I had the 6i though for the mixing capability. It would be nice to mix it so it would fly straight without the side correction during fff
  10. joebollinger35

im also using the stock mcx tx,im going to get me 6i just for the mixing capabilities! ive saved half the money so far lol! maybe next time i go fly ill try my buddies dx5. also thanks for finding the clear canopies! cant wait to get one and paint it hunter orange or something along those lines.