1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Brushless Losi Mini . . . won't work =( HELP!

Discussion in 'Off Road' started by Derek A. Brown, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Derek A. Brown

Derek A. Brown Registered

I recently won a couple of Losi Mini T's on ebay that are fully decked out in aluminum and carbon fiber. Both trucks are brushless with the LOSB9535 Brushless Xcelorin ESC. I followed the directions found here ---> http://losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/losb9535.pdf to calibrate the ESC to my Spektrum DX2.0.
    I cannot get the motor in either truck to do anything. All that works is the steering, probably since obviously the steering has nothing to do with the speed controller.
    I don't know what I am doing wrong, but I REALLY want to drive one of these guys! The lot even came with an extra ESC.
    Any help?

-Derek, Next Level RC
  2. GPS

GPS Registered

What receiver(s) are in the trucks? Are the ESCs plugged into the throttle channel, usually channel 2?
  3. HeadHoncho

HeadHoncho Registered

And make sure the darkest wire coming from the esc to receiver is on the right hand side of the receiver when you plug it in. I have a losi mini sct and its works.
  4. Derek A. Brown

Spektrum SR3001 receiver, ESC plugged into throttle channel with brown wire on right side. It lets me go through the calibration process as directed by Losi, but then neither motor does anything. Could the motors be bad? I will take a voltmeter and check the wires coming out for juice tomorrow. The only other little thing that I noticed on both Mini T's is that two of the wires on each motor were plugged into the wrong colors. I understand that a person can possibly reverse them on purpose to reverse the motor, but I don't remember which two were backwards and they are unplugged now. Could the previous owner have fried the motors by plugging them in wrong?
    I have a brushless E-Maxx and a brushless Micro T; could I plug the E-Maxx Turnigy motor into the Losi ESC to see if it turns it?
    Thanks again for your help,

Derek, Next Level RC
  5. deven

deven Registered

Just a thought but Ive noticed a couple times if my throttle trim is set to high the motor wont do anything till I turn it down. its worth a try anyway good luck
  6. HeadHoncho

HeadHoncho Registered

Yeah the previous owner could have reversed the polarity and fried them.
  7. Derek A. Brown

Hmmmm . . . well the good news is that I got the pair for $120 and they are both loaded with aluminum and carbon fiber, besides the brushless ESC's and Spektrum receivers, brand new sets of wheels and tires, etc . . . . So, if all I need is a couple new motors, I'm cool with that.
    Can I test the Losi brushless motors on my E-Maxx brushless ESC? Or can I test my E-Maxx Turnigy brushless motor on my Losi mini ESC (to test the ESC, not the motor)? Or is there another way to test a brushless motor?

-Derek
  8. HeadHoncho

HeadHoncho Registered

Oh well that could be why you got such a good deal. Umm im not sure if you can. But i dont see why not.
  9. GPS

GPS Registered

10. HeadHoncho

HeadHoncho Registered

My mini is sensorless.