1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

blade sr reciever help!!!?

Discussion in 'Helicopters' started by newbie2012, Feb 24, 2012.

1. newbie2012

newbie2012 Registered

I'm not into Heli and need help on what wire plugs in were on spektrum reciever!!??
  2. w00d

w00d Registered

New Toronto, Ontario, Great White North, Ay
    This should help, the Blade Sr if not mistaken runs the Spektrum AR6100e?

Assumed correct the following is the same Rx except as in your case the designator "e" of the AR6100e model number stands for "End-Pins", the Pin-Outs are horizontal vs vertical. Vertical is shown here but technically it's the same Rx

FYI: Also See
    [​IMG]
  3. newbie2012

newbie2012 Registered

So think I got reciever plugged in right but I go to throttle up and blades spin for bout 5 sec then power down tail keeps spinning tho!!!!! Plz help I wanna fly this heli!!!!!! I can txt pics! Or email discrete86@gmail.com
  4. Tiger

Tiger Registered

newbie - What you really need to do is pack that stuff up and bring it out to Redwood School on Sunday for a little help.  There are lots of experienced guys there that would be happy to take a look at your stuff and lend a hand.  I'm sure that's not as immediate as you might like, but there are so many things that could be wrong it's pretty hard to troubleshoot on the forum.  Also... If you've never flown before, it would be a really good idea to have someone else hover it and get it trimmed out for you.  These things don't fly quite as easy as they look on YouTube!  :)

...Tiger
  5. w00d

w00d Registered

New Toronto, Ontario, Great White North, Ay
    hehe, Tiger I was waiting for someone to step up with the offer as I wasn't in a position to make it but I also think in this case this is best!

newbie: Packing up the helicopter and getting first hand help is your best approach to getting the help you need. As Tiger says "there just too much that could be wrong" it's hard to know where to start. It would even be hard for someone with more experience without more information and there's something to be said about asking the right questions. Please don't take this wrong but were not about to write an entire book if were only guessing, we need more information and more specifics, and feedback as to what you have tried. For example and I would only be guessing but can you say the battery is fully charged and working? It would be the first thing to check as I suspect the Low-Voltage-Cuttoff is kicking in and shutting down your helicopter.

That said I have read through the SR's documentation but nothing jumps out has to what might be wrong. I can say there are so many settings and checks that it can be overwhelming for someones first helicopter, but regardless they ALL need to be checked and verified correct before you can even think about that first flight

Yes, best get this bird into the hands of someone who can help you more directly. It's such good advice it's even recommend in the documentation of every plane, car/truck and/or helicopter KIT made. So if available and in this case it is, TAKE the offer ...

In the time while waiting to get this help re-read through the SR's instructions and re-check and/or re-work all your settings to verify the correct operation. Then at least if asked you would be in a better position to give them an answer. Meh, I know this would be NO FUN but hey you may get lucky and find the solution yourself. Although if you do find the solution I would still seek out the help for that first flight  ;)

Good Luck and do check back, let us know how it goes

[size=1.20em][shadow=Orange,left]w00d[/shadow][/size]
  6. GPS

GPS Registered

If the servo and Gyro connectors are all connected per the diagram posted by w00d, and the polarities are correct, it sounds like the ESC may be faulty.  Do you have any other ESC available to plug in as a test?  Even a car/truck ESC with a motor connected that is not mounted to the helicopter would suffice for testing purposes.
  7. Pelagic Pilot

Pelagic Pilot Registered

A heli set to the wrong ESC soft start mode will so this. The heli blades are harder to get going than airplane prop and the esc will think it is stalled and stop. My friends turnigy plush 40 amp esc does this.