1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Assembling The ALIGN TRex 450 Pro

Discussion in 'Helicopters' started by w00d, Jun 18, 2012.

1. w00d

w00d Registered

New Toronto, Ontario, Great White North, Ay
    Found this @ Horizon Hobby on assembling the ALIGN TRex 450 Pro
    Although I thinks it's more advertising than instructional but nevertheless it's a mighty FINE bird so here it is

Some light entertainment for when the dayz are wet'n raining [​IMG]

[youtube]Npq8D3RZeZM[/youtube]

Enjoy ...
        [size=1.2em][shadow=grey,left]w00d[/shadow][/size]

[hr]
  2. Pelagic Pilot

Pelagic Pilot Registered

I will have to watch this when I get home, but you seem to know a bit about trex so I'll ask. Which trex 450 is both the most popular AND current? Meaning, which is the heli that everybody has, parts are everywhere, will be parts forever, and good quality?

I see 450 V2 SE, 450 V2, 450 pro, etc. I don't know which is which???

Not really concerned with TT vs belt as it is the rotor head I am after, and FBL at that.....

Unless there is simply a FBL conversion one size fits all? Because the most popular FBL head is what I am after really.
  3. GPS

GPS Registered

This video is from the older 450 Pro (2010) which is discontinued.  The V2 is the current model.

If you want the best 450 size head get the Beam E4 V2 Advance Flybarless head assembly available here:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/2_1367_1370/products_id/209512/n/Beam-Flybarless-Head-Set

I have the flybar version in case you want to what it looks like sometime.
  4. w00d

w00d Registered

Sorry but the somewhat older TRex 450 Pro is not discontinued as shown at Readyheli.com and at Horizon Hobby,
    as I said they, HH were the source of the video ---> HERE

... and the new V2 is actually an ALIGN TRex 450 Pro V2 which is the Flybarless model of the 450 Pro

@PP: The T-REX 450 Sport V2 is probably the most popular but only because it's been around such a long time and it's developed a quite a large following. This model although strictly speaking is not a 'flybarless' bird but there are plenty of very good to excellent third market Flybarless Conversions for it.

And best I can say about the TRex 450 Pro is Finless loved his ;) developed mainly for 3D crowd

EDIT: Just for 'completeness'
    Also to answer your question about parts availability it's the same 'Sport V2' that has probably more support than ANY helicopter around, genuine ALIGN and Third Party parts/upgrades. Due to their popularity ALIGN is pretty hard to beat in this respect, everybody GOT parts for em ...

[hr]
  5. Pelagic Pilot

Pelagic Pilot Registered

After some research I see that the head is more universal than I thought. I guess what i am looking for probably is a middle of the road quality fbl conversion head. I see good and bad about Tarot and then there is another company but cant remember thier name. It is like RJX i think.
  6. w00d

w00d Registered

IMO this is the underlying beauty of the TRex 450, being a middle of road heli it can be converted through third-party upgrades into an excellent machine! Well it's what I like about my TRex and I've said it lots within theses forums, I've taken a somewhat what could be called a "DULL helicopter" and turned it into an excellent performer that also LOOKS great ... if I don't say so myself {LOL}

I know I sound like a TRex 'FANBOY' but really I'm NOT. As for their electronics there's NOT much if anything I like that's ALIGN supplied and even their 'mechanics' I tend to replace with third-party equipment often if NOT always

Anyhowz enough "opinion" here's some 'Flybarless' options I eluded to previously ---> 

RcFlightSore is Canadian but what's unique about this guy is he for the most part only sells what 'he believes is best' ...
    ... Nope certainly I'm NOT recommending the retailer, only pointing to some of teh Flybarless options available for the TRex 450, FYI:

[hr]