1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone want to help a beginner from Medford to fly

Discussion in 'Airplanes' started by piko14, Oct 12, 2011.

1. piko14

piko14 Registered

I am from medford and i have a foam P-51 mustang and have never flown a rc plane and dont want to break it. Anyone around here want to help me?
  2. Golden Child

Golden Child Moderator Staff Member

If you can make it to Redwood School in Grants Pass on Sundays I'm sure we can get you set up :D This Sunday, I'll be at the Josephine Skypark in Kerby, but there is always someone at the school willing to help out a fellow pilot ;D
  3. Tiger

Tiger Registered

Piko - Welcome to the hobby and this forum.  Like Golden said, there are lots of guys (me included) that would be happy to help you at Redwood School on Sunday morning.  I must add though that a P51 is going to be VERY difficult to learn to fly on.  It's fast and very acrobatic.  You might want to consider something a little easier to fly to start and save that one for when you have more experience.  The P51 is one of my favorite planes.  Which one do you have (who makes it)?

...Tiger

4. CSager

CSager Registered

Look for Chris at Redwood Elementary School any Sunday morning.I am there from 9:00 am until 12:00 every Sundayand you arenot the first beginer and surly you will not be the last.Redwood is a real low key bunch of all ages.Come on by whenever.
  5. HaveWingsWillFly

HaveWingsWillFly Registered

If you need some help learning to fly some where a little more local you can come out to Ave. G in white city. Theres always someone out there. The people are friendly and helpfull. Thats where I learned to fly myself. Names Brandy if your ever out there and need some help. Im there just about every spare minute I get.