1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone interested in racing in yreka?

Discussion in 'Racing and Bashing' started by yreka rc, Mar 8, 2012.

1. yreka rc

yreka rc Registered

My name is adam and i just bought a fairly good size shop in downtown yreka. My plan is to build a indoor off rd style track, but would be a carpet track instead of clay. Just seems like the easier/cleaner way to go. haha. I have roughly 2000 sq ft of open space in the middle of the building, and another 700 sq ft of space in the front of the building that i will be using to build my indoor crawler course. This will not be a business, as i have a full time job. This would be more of a yreka rc club, and members would just pay a monthly rate to use the track. I will be doing this for sure, and hope to have the track up and running in the next 2 weeks. I was hoping to get some input for the southern oregon guys, as to if you guys would like to maybe get together and set up a wkd every month to come down and race. The track will only be electric cars, and mainly would be 1/10 sc trucks and also a stock spec class which would be brushless rtr sc18 trucks, which will be raced as they come from the factory, that way every car is equal. The 1/10 class would be a open class, or how ever ppl would like to break down classes. Im open to all kinds of ideas, and hope to get sum good responses. I will also be buyin a lap counting system, but not a mylaps system due to cost.... PLEASE COMMENT ON THIS IS YOU TAKE THE TIME TO READ IT, as i am very into the hobby and would like to see a place to race year around and not have to worry bout bein rain/snowed out. Thanks
  2. means2k

means2k Registered

I would definitely come down a check it out.  I know that there are a few here in Grants Pass that would come down to race if you got something put together.  Keep posting on your progress.
  3. yreka rc

yreka rc Registered

Thanks for the reply! I will definitely keep you posted on the progress. It will be a some what tight and technical track due to it size, but i will try to design it to where it is fun and smooth. I also have a dirt oval in the back yard of my house, its 36x65 ft. Its great for 1/10 stuff to race on! I will be working on cleaning out the building all wkd, and hope to start the the build on sunday and continue through out the the next few weeks til it complete. I would post a few pics on here as i go (if i figure out how) haha
  4. Done1010

Done1010 Registered

Heck ya i'd drive down to check it out.
  5. blt4speed

blt4speed Registered

i'm down to make the trip.  we are already going down as far as redding to race.  I race short course 2wd, 4wd.  I own a few rc18t's but none of them close to stock.  A spec class i could most easily conform to would be short course 2wd, and or 2wd 1/10 buggy.  however you decide to do it, i'll show up, it's pretty a rad idea (to have own indoor track).  I'm excited and a bit jealous
  6. yreka rc

yreka rc Registered

Glad im getting some feedback on this!  Im actually in the shop rite now cleaning everything out. Haha.  We will have whatever classes ppl would like. Me and my friends have a good variety of cars so im sure we could work out a few classes to make sum races. The stock sc18 is just the best bang for the buck in my opinion,  and is the class im tryin to push to the newbies of rc racing down here... i will keep you guys posted as things move foward! The track will be first priority and then my crawler course will come next.
  7. yotapane

yotapane Registered

i would def wanna check it out...
  8. GPS

GPS Registered

I would also be up to check it out.  Maybe use the trip to meet with our crawler friends down there too.
  9. yreka rc

yreka rc Registered

Awesome. Sounds good! I know most the the ppl in yreka that do rc stuff, and most of the guys that do the crawler events. I worked all wkd on the shop, mainly cleaning stuff out.... but did work on my drivers stand and its super close to bein finished.  Hope to get a fresh coat of paint on the walls this wk/wkd. Hope to order my carpet soon as well!. If i run into any dowm time, i will start on the crawler course. My goal is to be up and racing in a few wks. Depending upon what you guys think of the track, we can try to do a big once a month race. Pick the same sat or sun of the month and try to make a day of it! I will keep you posted on the progress
  10. GP Racer

GP Racer Registered

The pnce a month deal is what made me sell off all my crawler stuff,once a month just isn't enough,we need bi weekly at the very least.

I plan on makin trips down in that direction for 1/8 racing,may stop by ant watch some carpet racing,great for on road.
  11. yreka rc

yreka rc Registered

We can race as much as ppl would like!!! The local guys will probably race 2-3 times during the wk and then once on the wkd. I figured it would be easiest to set a wkd once a month to get a big full day of racing in, but im always down to race, so whatever ppl wanna do is fine  with me.
  12. blt4speed

blt4speed Registered

a bunch of us went to klamath alot last year for their every other weekend off road race.  it is a blast, very freindly atmosphere, likely we will continue to make that trip to k-falls to race.  My point is your not that far from k-falls and if scheduled correctly could draw quite a few racers from k-falls along with the guys from the rogue valley.  all that being said indoors carpet offroad is still cool, much better than not racing at all.  hope your venture goes well, do update w/photos if you can. 
  13. yreka rc

yreka rc Registered

Oh for sure, i totally understand where your coming from, and plan to have the races setup to  meet everyones wants/needs to the best of my abilities. I also have a 38x65 ft dirt oval in my backyard and also building a 3000sq ft dirt off rd track next to the oval. My house is only 3miles from my shop and would be willing to have ppl race there as well. I will try to upload pics soon
  14. yreka rc

yreka rc Registered

just a update on the track in yreka. we have been working hard on getting the building cleaned out and its coming along nicely! yesterday we pressure washed all the walls and  floor and today i will be starting to put a fresh coat of white on the walls. The new carpet will be ordered in the morning and i have my flooring guys coming in hopefully some time this wk to begin floating the floor (its kinda bad at the moment) with any kind of luck at all my carpet will be here on weds and hopefully they can get it laid in later on this wk. still hopeing to have it completed by the end of the month......
  15. blt4speed

blt4speed Registered

cool ! thanks for the update !! 
    a few of us are heading down friday mar 30th to practice @ rattlesnake in redding, we will race saturday, and more than likely head back to southern oregon afterwards.  would like to stop by and check out what ya got goin on.
  16. yreka rc

yreka rc Registered

Oh kool. We have at least 4 guys goin down to race in redding. We will be there fri morning and staying til sunday. Look for a green dodge towing a toy hauler, we will be camping in the parking lot! Haha