1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

1:1 Scale "Mosquito" Helicopter -LarryCanFly

Discussion in 'Helicopters' started by GPS, Sep 8, 2012.

1. GPS

GPS Registered

There is a guy in Murphy who has a small helicopter. He has a bunch of videos on his YouTube channel. He even has a turbine engine for it, but changed back to a two stroke.

I've flown my hexacopter at the golf course in this video.

There are more interesting videos on Larry's YouTuibe channel here:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/LarryCanFly/
  2. Pelagic Pilot

Pelagic Pilot Registered

I have met this guy, he is also the Pfranc Garmin connector guy, the turbine was on his fabric wing ultralight for a while. Somehow I think he is related to the Hunley Submarine? But I could be wrong about that, I think he was a early on IBM computer guy or something.

http://www.pfranc.com
  3. Tiger

Tiger Registered

The guy you're talking about is Larry Berg.  It was his great grandfather that was was somehow associated with that submarine.  I can't remember exactly how.  Larry was a close friend of mine and followed me up here about twenty five years ago.  He had just started Purple Computing when we first met in Ventura California.  He made a fortune building memory modules for the Radio Shack Model 100 and the clone that NEC made of it.  After he moved up here and the Model 100 went away, I got him started in injection molding.  His only product molding was the Garmin connector which he marketed through Pfranc.com.  Larry took his own life in January of this year.

...Tiger
  4. GPS

GPS Registered

I was wondering what happened.  It looked like he was posting regularly to his YouTube channel but stopped about ten months ago.