1. Welcome to the Southern Oregon RC forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Rc track at Southern Oregon Raceway

Discussion in 'Off Road' started by Dave2, Mar 28, 2016.

?

are you interested in opening a new RC track

1. you

8 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Dave2

Dave2 Registered

Is anybody interested in reopening RC track over the Southern Oregon Raceway looking for volunteers to help get it cleaned up and going
  2. GPS

GPS Registered

Where is the Southern Oregon Raceway?
  3. Golden Child

Golden Child Moderator Staff Member

John, this is the RC track in Central Point just off Hwy 140 (near White City where I used to live). Dave, the last time I checked (about two years ago) the city and county wanted nothing to do with reopening the track. To many "issues" with previous track managers/users. Don't want to dissuade you from your desires, but there was some bad blood there. But, maybe with the time that has gone by, the county would be willing to listen to new plans for the track. Good luck. I know there are a lot of people that would like to see it reopen.
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  4. GPS

GPS Registered

I thought that it might be that one but didn't remember the name. It's the one over by the shooting range and go cart track right? It's been so long since I heard anything about that place and I didn't know if it was open or closed.

One of the guys from a hobby shop that closed in Grants Pass started a track. I haven't been there for years but I think it is still open. I have a bunch of on and off road cars, trucks and crawlers that are just collecting dust since I started flying stuff. I even have a few still-in-the-box kits that need building one of these days. I've considered getting rid of all my surface stuff but whenever I do run one I am reminded of how fun it is.
  5. Don Schmidt

Don Schmidt Registered

I am more than willing to help i used to race there a few years back just recently got back in shortcourse trucks and want to start racing
  6. Stoehsler

Stoehsler Registered

I would love to help. I work for knife river, and i have access to equipment.( skid steer, roller ect....)
    GPS likes this.
  7. Easyjay66

Easyjay66 Registered

I've been trying to get information about this place for awhile and the person who I spoke to told me that the owner of rc addiction has the key. When I asked them about it they said I would need to join their Club and there not going to start until the spring if at all because there trying to sell their shop.
  8. GPS

GPS Registered

There have been people over the years that wanted to re-open that track but they always ran into resistance. I thought RC Addiction had a new owner?
  9. basher67

basher67 Registered

Still the same owners at RC Addiction unless it's changed in the last couple weeks. They don't have a storefront at the moment, but are still selling out of their garage. Do a google search on them and their address will pop up with a picture of their house. I talked to them a few months back about this track after I saw it one day while at the range. If I remember correctly, the land belongs to the county or city and there was an agreement to use the lot, but their was a falling out and use of the property ended. If this is true, then it seems that the right person or organization might be able to convince whoever takes care of these matters to reopen it. The issue would be that someone has to take responsibility for the maintenance, security, safety, liability etc. I think it would be great if it could happen. Poorboys has a great track but sometimes I dont feel like driving to Grants Pass. The carpet track is awesome but I do miss the dirt sometimes as well.
  10. deadcrawl

deadcrawl Registered

I would like to see an rc track in medford and would be donate some of my time to help see that happen.
  11. Easyjay66

Easyjay66 Registered

Did you ever get this going are you still need help